67's Noel Hoefenmayer Earns CHL Defenceman of the Year Award
OTTAWA - The Canadian Hockey League announced Tuesday that 67's Noel Hoefenmayer is the winner of the 2019-2020 CHL Defenceman of the Year Award.
Hoefenmayer just had a stellar season with the 67's, rounding out his junior career with as the OHL point leader for defenceman this season, on top of being the leader in that same category for the whole CHL with 26 goals and 56 assists for a total of 82 points in 58 games, on top of an amazing plus/minus of +52.
"I want to thank the CHL for honouring me with the Defenceman of the Year Award," said Hoefenmayer. "I also want to thank my family, friends, teammates and coaches for supporting me and allowing me to be the player I am today. I lastly want to thank the Ottawa 67's for being a first class organization, on top of having the best fans in the league."
Hoefenmayer was drafted in the second round, 36th overall of the 2015 OHL Priority Selection Draft by the 67's and spent all of his five junior seasons in Ottawa, collecting 222 points (65 goals and 157 assists) in 298 career games. He is fourth all-time in 67's history for games played with his 298 and he is the sixth best-scoring defenceman in the rich history of the team.
"Through hard work and perseverance Noel has showed continuous improvement throughout his junior career," said 67's GM James Boyd. "In addition to this season's league leading offensive production, Noel has been a steady defensive presence on our blue line and is a key part of our team's leadership group."
The North York native will now change his colours from red, white and black to the blue and white, as he signed his first professional contract with the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League in the past few weeks.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 9, 2020
- 67's Noel Hoefenmayer Earns CHL Defenceman of the Year Award - Ottawa 67's
- Attack Alumni up for Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy - Owen Sound Attack
- Noel Hoefenmayer Wins CHL Defenceman of the Year Award Presented by Real Canadian Superstore - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ottawa 67's Stories
- Ontario Hockey League Releases Return to Play Plan for 2020-21 Season
- 67's Add Two New Players to the Roster Through 2020 CHL Import Draft
- 67's Acquire Steven LaForme from North Bay Battalion
- 67's Noel Hoefenmayer Earns CHL Defenceman of the Year Award
- 67's Tourigny Honoured as the CHL's Coach of the Year