67's Add Forward Depth with Acquisition of Adam Varga
OTTAWA - The Ontario Hockey League announced Wednesday that the Ottawa 67's and the Mississauga Steelheads completed a trade that sends forward Adam Varga to the Barber Poles in return of Ottawa's sixth round pick in 2020.
Varga was picked in the seventh round (121st overall) of the 2017 OHL Priority Selection draft by the Steelheads while they were still under the direction of James Boyd and Jan Egert. 18-year old Varga has played a total of 123 games in three OHL seasons thus far, putting up 7 goals and 16 assists for 23 points. The six-foot-two, 178 pound right winger who hails from Bel Air, Maryland, was named to the NAPHL U15 First All-Star Team in 2017, his OHL draft year.
"Adam Varga is an excellent skater who will inject speed, depth and experience into our forward group. Adam will join our team on the road this weekend," said 67's General Manager James Boyd.
F Adam Varga
Ottawa's 6th round pick in 2020
The 67's will be on the road down south for their next three games starting Thursday, when they visit the Saginaw Spirit, followed by a stop in Flint on Saturday, before rounding out the trip in Sarnia on Sunday afternoon. The Barber Poles' next home game will be on Thursday, November 21st, when they host the Sudbury Wolves for their School Day Game as soon as 10:30 AM.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 13, 2019
- Kooy Makes 50 Saves to Lift Sarnia in School Day Game Wednesday - Flint Firebirds
- 'Home Cooking' on Menu - North Bay Battalion
- Second Annual First Responders Appreciation Night Is Saturday, November 16th - Guelph Storm
- Vaughn CHL Team of the Week Announced - OHL
- Preview: Firebirds Welcome the Sarnia Sting for Annual School Day Game Wednesday at 11 a.m. - Flint Firebirds
- Sting Shine in School Day Showdown, Defeat Firebirds 5-1 - Sarnia Sting
- Steelheads Trade Varga to Ottawa - Mississauga Steelheads
- 67's Add Forward Depth with Acquisition of Adam Varga - Ottawa 67's
- Attack & Law Enforcement Torch Run Team up to Raise Funds & Awareness for Special Olympics Ontario - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.