2020 Edition of Parkview Sports Medicine Baseball Series Canceled
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - For the well-being of the student-athletes, coaching staffs, and Parkview Field personnel involved, the decision has been made to cancel the 2020 edition of the Parkview Sports Medicine Baseball Series.
Many of the participating schools had already announced the cancellation of their spring sports schedules.
This year's games were set to be the 7th annual edition of the Parkview Sports Medicine Baseball Series at Parkview Field, which allows schools from Northeast Indiana and Northwest Ohio to receive "pro" treatment at no costs to the schools.
This year, six dates of doubleheaders were scheduled from April 21-23 and May 5-7. The schools scheduled to participate were: New Haven; Heritage; Northrop; Snider; Prairie Heights; Eastside; North Side; South Side; the University of Saint Francis; Indiana Tech; Wayne; Concordia; Wabash; Southwood; Manchester; Northfield; Antwerp; Wayne Trace; West Noble; Lakeland; Carroll; Blackhawk Christian; East Noble; and Wawasee.
Parkview Sports Medicine and the Fort Wayne TinCaps are committed to the series returning to Parkview Field in 2021.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from March 20, 2020
- 2020 Edition of Parkview Sports Medicine Baseball Series Canceled - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne TinCaps Stories
- TinCaps Spice up Family 5-Meal Kits
- Fan Vote: TinCaps/Manzanas Luchadoras Join MiLB's "The Greatest Gorra" Cap Competition
- Fort Wayne Fans Savor TinCaps Family 5-Meal Kits
- TinCaps Freshen up Family 5-Meal Kits Menu
- Ft. Wayne's Farmers Market to Extend at Parkview Field, Move Outside