2019 Stockton Port James Kaprielian Makes Major League DebutÃÂ
The Stockton Ports would like to congratulate 2019 Ports pitcher James Kaprielian on making his Major League debut. Kaprielian, a former 1st round pick by the New York Yankees, was a member of the 2019 Stockton Ports. He made 10 starts for the Ports going 2-2 with a 4.46 ERA.
Kaprielian was acquired by the Oakland Athletics in July of 2017 as part of the Sonny Gray trade. He missed the entire 2017 and 2018 seasons due to injury.
He made his debut on August 16th, pitching two innings in relief during the A's 15-3 win over the San Francisco Giants. Kaprielian gave up 1 run on 1 hit, with a strikeout in his 2 innings of relief.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from August 18, 2020
- Former Port Max Schrock Becomes 300th Player from Stockton Franchise to Make MLB DebutÃÂ - Stockton Ports
- 2019 Stockton Port James Kaprielian Makes Major League DebutÃÂ - Stockton Ports
- John Nogowski, Former Stockton Port, Makes Major League DebutÃÂ - Stockton Ports
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Ports Stories
- Stockton Ports Announce 2021 Deposit Campaign
- Stockton Ports Raise Money for Local Schools
- Ports Launch Virtual Back to School Drive
- Former Ports Catcher Jonah Heim Makes MLB DebutÃÂ
- Former Port Max Schrock Becomes 300th Player from Stockton Franchise to Make MLB DebutÃÂ