2019 Pig Day Celebration Is March 2
This year's event starts at 9 a.m. and includes a complimentary piece of chocolate-covered bacon for the first 200 ticket purchasers 18 and older, a pig roast with complimentary pork sandwiches and a number of fun family activities. Tootsee the Clown and Friends will be at the ballpark entertaining young fans with face painting and balloon animals. A free magic show is scheduled to begin on the PNC Club Level at 11:30 a.m.
The Majestic Clubhouse Store, stocked with the latest IronPigs gear for the new season, will open its doors early for the Pig Day celebration. The store will be open from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. on March 2.
All Bacon, USA, members are encouraged to attend the Pig Day festivities. Full-season and 35-game members will be able to pick up their ticket packages on the PNC Club Level from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. All Bacon, USA members (including 17-, 10-, 9-, and 4-game plan holders) will have the opportunity to pick up their tickets at Coca-Cola Park starting Monday, March 4.
Fans seeking to guarantee the best seats at Coca-Cola Park are encouraged to consider Bacon, USA, membership plan before individual tickets go on sale. Plans are available in sizes ranging from four- and nine-game plans all the way through full-season offerings. Members enjoy year-round perks including savings on gameday parking, ballpark credit on each ticket, discounts at the Majestic Clubhouse Store and early access to tickets for other events at Coca-Cola Park. Some memberships include guaranteed giveaways (club level 35- and 70-game plans), VIP access to watch batting practice (full-season plans) and an invitation to the Bacon, USA, Holiday Party (35- and 70-game plans). For more information, call 610-841-PIGS (7447).
To start the festivities, tickets will be available to fans on a walk-up basis beginning at 9 a.m. at the Provident Bank Ticket Office at Coca-Cola Park. The ticket office will remain open until 5 p.m. and be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 3. Beginning at 1 p.m. on March 2, fans will also be able to purchase single-game tickets online at IronPigsBaseball.com or over the phone by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
Festivities to celebrate National Pig Day weekend are scheduled from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. on March 2, at Coca-Cola Park. The list of activities appears below:
- One (1) complimentary piece of chocolate-covered bacon for the first 200 ticket purchasers 18 and older.
- Full-Season and 35-Game Ticket Pick-Up (9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.): Enter through the West Gates (PNC Club Level entrance) to receive your 2019 IronPigs season tickets.
- Pig Roast - Beginning at 9 a.m., fans can receive complimentary pork sandwiches (while supplies last).
- Complimentary Hot Dogs, Coca-Cola products and hot chocolate - Available from 9 a.m. to noon or while supplies last.
- Children's Activities (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.) - The popular entertainer, Tootsee the Clown and Friends will be creating complimentary balloon animals for young fans. A free magic show will begin at 11:30 a.m. on the club level. Free face painting will also be available.
- IronPigs mascots will be making appearances throughout the morning.
- PNC Club Level access - Stay warm and check out the view from Coca-Cola Park's climate-controlled lounge area.
- Special savings all day long on select items at the Majestic Clubhouse Store. - Yard Signs are back! IronPigs yard signs will be available for pick up, one per family, while supplies last.
Prices for single-game IronPigs tickets start as low as $10 for General Admission, which grants fans access to the spacious Capital BlueCross Lawn, the Bud Light Trough, and all other standing-room-only areas on the concourse. The IronPigs also offer an $11 General Admission value ticket that includes $5 of ballpark credit that can be redeemed for food, beverage, or merchandise (certain restrictions apply) as an advanced sale only. Field Level reserved seats are $13. Fans can save $2 off single-game ticket prices listed above by making a purchase in advance of gameday beginning on National Pig Day.
Individual tickets for the unique seating areas listed below will also go on sale at Coca-Cola Park beginning on March 2 and are expected to sell quickly:
The Pig Pen area that's located on the field level and in close proximity to the bullpens and the field of play features 76 exclusive seats across two rows, providing an intimate viewing experience that was previously only enjoyed by the pitchers and catchers in the bullpen. While savoring this truly unique player's perspective, fans can also enjoy in-seat food and beverage service and take advantage of a completely distinct and mouth-watering menu that's unique for "Pig Pen" ticket holders. Additional amenities include wide drink rail counters to allow for a more comfortable viewing and dining experience. Pig Pen tickets are $21 per person.
The Hot Corner is located directly below the newly-redesigned Berks Foods Picnic Patio and provides a one-of-a-kind environment on the Field Level. The Hot Corner features 48 swivel-style seats across two rows directly in front of the Picnic Patio and includes great amenities such as in-seat food and beverage service as well as drink rail counters, allowing for a more comfortable viewing and dining experience. Hot Corner tickets are $23 per person.
The Bacon Strip is a bi-level seating area located along the right field wall and has been among the most desired seating inventory at Coca-Cola Park since debuting in 2013. The Bacon Strip, beyond right field's "home run alley", includes 75 bar stool seats in the first row and an additional 52 stadium seats on the second level. Both rows of seating include great amenities such as in-seat food and beverage service and the added comfort of drink rail counters for food and beverages. Bacon Strip tickets are $13 per person.
The popular CBC Lawn is located immediately above the left field bullpens, are fully covered, feature a circular half-table with seating for four guests and in-seat service. Each island is priced at $72 per game (each island has seating for four guests). 28 reserved-seating stools with in-seat service and drink rails for food and beverage were recently added directly behind the islands. This seating option, which is fully covered, is priced at $13 per seat. Island mini plans are available today by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447) or by visiting the Coca-Cola Park offices during normal business hours.
There is no limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased for IronPigs home games. Group tickets for gatherings of 20 or more and can be purchased now by calling 610-841-PIGS (7447) extension 2.
Coca-Cola Park's National Pig Day celebration is considered to be the largest Pig Day celebration of its kind in the world. National Pig Day was inspired by a Texas school teacher and has been recognized annually since 1972 - and by the IronPigs since their inception in 2008.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Wings Baseball's Back Bash Is Friday, March 29 - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Family Day Open House Returns Saturday, March 9 with Free Admission - Buffalo Bisons
- 2019 Pig Day Celebration Is March 2 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- On Sale Now: 2019 Mud Hens Tickets - Toledo Mud Hens
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- Service Electric Network to Televise Phillies Taxi Squad Games
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs 2020 Season Is Canceled
- #HopeningDay to Feature Virtual Baseball Telecast
- 'All Abilities' Night Features Sign Language Jersey Auction
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Friday, March 6