2019 NHL Draft Profile - Jamieson Rees
Although injuries limited his season to 37 games, Jamieson Rees impressed with the Sarnia Sting in 2018-19 as he finished just below a point-per-game pace in collecting 10 goals and 22 assists. That play followed his formidable showing with Canada at the 2018 Hlinka Gretzky Cup where he put up four points in five games en route to a gold medal win. He also shined on the international stage at the 2019 IIHF U18 World Championship as he recorded eight points in seven games. Rees is the 30th-ranked North American skater in NHL Central Scouting's Final Draft Rankings.
Rees describes himself as a two-way centre and compares his playing style to Travis Konecny, a former Sting graduate, noting that the two share a similar compete level and offensive skill.
A native of Hamilton, Ont., Rees is noted for his deceptive speed, making him an offensive threat both off the rush and at one-on-one. A noted playmaker with exceptional vision, Rees has registered 15 goals and 37 assists across 83 career contests in the OHL.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 17, 2019
- 2019 NHL Draft Profile - Jamieson Rees - Sarnia Sting
- First-Round Pick Brennan Othmann Commits to Flint - Flint Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sarnia Sting Stories
- Sting Ink First Round Import Selection Eric Hjorth
- Sting Ink 2019 First Round Import Eric Hjorth
- Sting Forward Jacob Perreault Selected to National Men's Under 18 Selection Camp
- Another Young Talent Joins the Sting Organization
- Another Young Talent Joins Sting Organization as Ryan Mast Signs Standard Player Agreement