2018 Conexus Warriors & Legends Hall of Fame Inductees Announced
The Moose Jaw Warriors are excited to announce that Brian Sutherby and Shawn Limpright are the 2018 inductees to the Conexus Warriors and Legends Hall of Fame.
Sutherby was selected by the Warriors in the 6th round, 94th overall, at the 1997 WHL Bantam Draft and went on to play 208 games with the Warriors from 1998 to 2002. Sutherby finished his WHL career with 79 goals, 99 assists, 178 points, and 362 penalty minutes. His best season with the Warriors was 2000-2001 where he had 34 goals, 43 assists, and 77 points in 59 games. He played for Canada at the 2002 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships and had three goals and six points in seven games and won a silver medal.
Sutherby was selected by the Washington Capitals in the 1st round, 26th overall, at the 2000 NHL Entry Draft. He would go on to play 12 years professionally which included 460 games in the NHL with Washington, Anaheim, and Dallas and finished with 41 goals, 49 assists, 90 points, and 533 penalty minutes.
Unfortunately, due to injuries, he retired from hockey at the age of 31. He would go on to work briefly in the media at TSN radio in Edmonton and youth hockey programs. He currently resides in Anaheim, California with his wife Ashley and two boys Keaton and Brody. He is currently in his fifth season as the Western Pro Scout with the Washington Capitals and was part of their staff that won the 2018 Stanley Cup.
Limpright was selected by the Warriors in the 2nd round, 22nd overall, at the 1996 WHL Bantam Draft, he went on to play 264 games with the Warriors from 1998 to 2002 and finished with 93 goals, 127 assists, 220 points, and 540 penalty minutes. His best season with the Warriors was in 2000-2001 when he had 31 goals, 43 assists, and 74 points in 69 games and was named Captain.
After leaving Moose Jaw, Limpright went on to play professional hockey for the next 12 years in the East Coast Hockey League (Roanoke, Dayton, and Las Vegas), the American Hockey League (Syracuse), and two years overseas in the United Kingdom (2012-13) and Denmark (2013-14). Limpright retired from hockey four years ago and moved back home to St. Adolphe, Manitoba with wife Jessica and son Peyton and daughter Ella, and is now a police officer in Winnipeg.
Sutherby and Limpright will be inducted to the Conexus Warriors and Legends Hall of Fame during a ceremony at Mosaic Place on Friday, February 15th. They will be honoured again Saturday, February 16th before the Hall of Fame Game against the Regina Pats at Mosaic Place.
Tickets for the 2018 Conexus Warriors and Legends Hall of Banquet are $75 each or $500 for a table of eight. They are available at the Warriors Office located in Mosaic Place or from Hall of Fame Committee members.
For more details or to arrange an interview regarding the 2018 Conexus Warriors and Legends Hall of Fame, please contact: James Gallo, Director, Hockey Administration, 306.694.5711 extension 3001.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2018
- Silvertips Goaltender Dustin Wolf Named Eli Wilson Goaltending WHL Goaltender of the Week for the Second Time this Season - Everett Silvertips
- Rebels Looking Past Saturday Loss to Tigers While Preparing for Tuesday's Game against CHL's Top Team - Red Deer Rebels
- Giants Announce Guests for BCLC's 'Memories of the Coliseum' Night on December 1 - Vancouver Giants
- Silvertips' Wolf Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Raiders' Leason Named WHL On the Run Player of the Week - WHL
- Americans Acquire Defenseman Aaron Hyman from Regina Pats - Tri-City Americans
- Pats Acquire Brett Clayton, Pick from Tri-City for Aaron Hyman - Regina Pats
- Spokane Acquires Forward Luc Smith from Kamloops - Spokane Chiefs
- Blades Acquire Nolan Kneen from Kamloops - Saskatoon Blades
- Kamloops Blazers Make Two Separate Trades - Kamloops Blazers
- 2018 Conexus Warriors & Legends Hall of Fame Inductees Announced - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Silvertips Beat Portland, 5-3 - Everett Silvertips
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.