2012 Argos Schedule Offers Fans Variety & Strong Matchups
Toronto - The Toronto Argonauts are pleased to announce their 2012 schedule. Fans can look forward to a good balance of weeknight and weekend games, as well as 4 of the final 5 games of the season at home, 3 of which are against divisional opponents.
After opening the season in Edmonton, Ricky Ray and the boys in blue will face the Calgary Stampeders for the 2012 home opener on Saturday, July 7 at 3:00 p.m. The Labour Day Classic will once again see the Ticats host the Argos in a home-and-home series which features a rematch between the storied rivals at Rogers Centre on Saturday, September 8 at 1:00 p.m. The 2012 Argos schedule is highlighted by a series of three Monday games, two of which will be held on long weekends.
Commented Argonauts' Executive Chairman and CEO Chris Rudge, "We are pleased to bring our fans a home schedule with competitive matchups and variety. The intermingling of weeknight and weekend dates accommodates the many needs of our audience and we are thrilled once again to close the home regular season against the Tiger-Cats on Fan Appreciation Night. Overall, the 2012 schedule affords our football team a regular training schedule and the competitive advantage of playing at home down the final stretch. We look forward to Toronto residents joining us to cheer on the Double Blue as we strive to win the Grey Cup at home for the first time in 60 years."
The following is the 2012 Toronto Argonauts home game schedule at Rogers Centre:
Date Opponent Eastern Time
Tuesday, June 19 Montreal Alouettes 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 7 Calgary Stampeders 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 18 Winnipeg Blue Bombers 7:30 p.m.
Monday, August 6 B.C. Lions 5:00 p.m.
Monday, August 27 Edmonton Eskimos 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 8 Hamilton Tiger-Cats 1:00 p.m.
Monday, October 8 Saskatchewan Roughriders 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, October 14 Montreal Alouettes 1:00 p.m.
Friday, October 19 Winnipeg Blue Bombers 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, November 1 Hamilton Tiger-Cats 7:30 p.m.
Fans can download the 2012 schedule directly into their electronic calendars from the newly-relaunched argonauts.ca at http://argonauts.ca/page/icaloutlook-calendar-download-2012%20and%20new%20wallpapers%20of%20the%20schedule%20can%20be%20found%20at%20http://argonauts.ca/page/2012-schedule-wallpapers. The new argonauts.ca features a cleaner aesthetic, a more user-friendly home page that is easier to navigate and a more dynamic video player. The site allows for more integration with social media properties with embedded Facebook and Youtube functionality and an exciting new layout which highlights premium content and accommodates rich media. Fans can find season ticket information on the website at http://argonauts.ca/page/seasontickets.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 17, 2012
- Riders Re-Sign Tristan Jackson - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Argos Harbour "Ill Will" - Veteran Lb Willie Pile Re-Signs with Double Blue - Toronto Argonauts
- Edmonton Eskimos Release 2012 Schedule - Edmonton Eskimos
- Schedule Set for Final Season at Ivor Wynne Stadium - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Road to the 1ooth Grey Cup Starts with Jam Packed RONA Canada Day Kickoff - CFL
- Alouettes Unveil 2012 Schedule - Montreal Alouettes
- Lions Open 2012 with Grey Cup Rematch - B.C. Lions
- 2012 Argos Schedule Offers Fans Variety & Strong Matchups - Toronto Argonauts
- Blue Bombers Unveil 2012 Schedule - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- CFL Releases 2012 Schedule - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Rider Great Gene Makowsky Announces Retirement - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Bring Andy Fantuz Home - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.