Fort Wayne follows Raptors into Cifl

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
blanketman
Site Admin

Fort Wayne follows Raptors into Cifl

Post by blanketman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:50 pm

Fort wayne after being accepted into the uif has changed its mind and joined the cifl. Good move, remember i said its about the local rivalries.Bloomington, in my opinion, will soon follow.

The Abyss
Site Admin

Post by The Abyss » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:12 pm

Release please? I'm tired of these rumors you spread everywhere. It would be a better fit though as far as closer competition.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:32 pm

And a number of IHL rivalries (Kzoo, Muskegon) - I've heard nothing of this, and Fort Wayne wasn't on the list of "maybes" I got from my CIFL sources last week.
What are you doing here?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:55 pm

Link to an article in the Fort Wayne paper:
http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs ... /710200307

I hadn't heard that Ellis was accepted into UIF at any point, only that he was working toward it as mentioned in the article.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:05 pm

The UIF just doesn't make sense for a team in Fort Wayne, Indiana anymore. If the CIFL is fixing its problems, this may turn out well.
What are you doing here?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:28 pm

Agreed, I'm not sure about Rock River given their lingering debts, but this looks like a potentially good move. Ellis has already established a franchise, so he won't be surprised at what he's getting into. He also seems to understand that FW could be a difficult market to win back in the short term given its recent history. Still, the potential is certainly there.

cRUSHer
Site Admin

It's still the CIFL we're talking about.

Post by cRUSHer » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:34 pm

What ?
Ft Wayne fans are going to dig watching
a team get hammered by 5 scores or more every week ?

First the Freedom get fried in favor of the FUsion,
now this.

I feel plum awful for the fans of Ft Wayne.
What I actually said was "Go I F L" ! ! !

http://goifl.com

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:58 pm

Heh!

How many teams will the UIF have next season? 4? [/hyberbole]

Maybe they'll look to expand in Dayton next... or not.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:25 pm

Abyss, im not spreading rumors. go to google news yourself. Then type in fort wayne cifl. You will see the reason. Good luck in your research.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:40 pm

Also, you keep talking about competition thet is lacking in the cifl. In 2006, Rob Schreoder, was a Rochester Raider. He went on to make the all rookie team in the Afl. This year,5 Raiders are signing contracts with the Afl. Mike Mikolichik, Mo Jackson are in the process of signing with Kansas City. Three others with the Orlando and the Dragons. Furthermore, Jamil Porter has a contract offer with the aafl team. The team has 47 players trying out from 1 a schools this year alone. Is it because many of these positions come with a professional 30k job, if they are qualified;maybe.Where would you rather play, if you had a college degree in communications.In addition, the raiders have just signed an exclusive deal with a top agent in the country for afl players. This agent has a player on every Afl team. Also, Jim Kelly is a huge advocate of the raiders, check there web site out. Its about the teams not the league. i know there are great teams in the uif,but the cifl has some too.
Last edited by blanketman on Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “IFL”