Dayton Out For 2006???

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
jackball333
Site Admin

Dayton Out For 2006???

Post by jackball333 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:56 pm

ANYONE HEAR THIS....????
I heard Dayton players and Coaches calling Cincinnati looking for jobs...some even showed up at the Marshals tryout on Saturday???? Anyone out there can confirm this ???

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:30 pm

jackball333 wrote:ANYONE HEAR THIS....????
I heard Dayton players and Coaches calling Cincinnati looking for jobs...some even showed up at the Marshals tryout on Saturday???? Anyone out there can confirm this ???

Jamie on the Warbirds fan message board ...

http://www.warbirdsfan.com/smf/index.php?topic=746.0

...said the team mades some announcement on Dayton Channel 22 about the team being ownerless. I can't find any online articles from the Dayton Daily News, WKEF, WHIO, etc. confirming this.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:35 pm

The website is down.

There is no one currently in the front office.

Apparently the coach is gone.

Presumably players are looking to sign with other teams.

Ch 22 news got a phone interview with Tony P. He says the team will play in 2006, but that the team is for sale. He also claims that Jorge Ruiz, the former GM, embezzled over $20,000 and has filed charges.

Over the last couple months I've heard rumors of several different potential new owners, but it appears the deals fell through.

Until this week I believed that the Warbirds would be back, but now I would not give it good odds.

Leonard
Site Admin

What Kind of Man Plays This Game?

Post by Leonard » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:56 pm

Jamie wrote:The website is down.

Ch 22 news got a phone interview with Tony P. He says the team will play in 2006, but that the team is for sale. He also claims that Jorge Ruiz, the former GM, embezzled over $20,000 and has filed charges.

What kind of a game is TP playing? Let me guess? It's the accusation show. I'll sue you and you'll sue me and we'll be happy fighting it out behind the willow tree!

nksports
Site Admin

As the NIFL Turns

Post by nksports » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:16 am

Jamie wrote:Ch 22 news got a phone interview with Tony P. He says the team will play in 2006, but that the team is for sale. He also claims that Jorge Ruiz, the former GM, embezzled over $20,000 and has filed charges.

I doubt that. I don't think the Dayton franchise ever had $20,000 to embezzle.

jackball333
Site Admin

Dayton Will Play???

Post by jackball333 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:45 pm

I find this hard to believe but this is what I am hearing

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:59 pm

Sure... why not?

All it takes is a new owner, a new coach, a new front office staff, and... um... some players.

What they do have:
A name
A venue

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:39 pm

Jamie wrote:Sure... why not?
All it takes is a new owner, a new coach, a new front office staff, and... um... some players.
What they do have:
A name
A venue

Don't forget the most important thing — which some of these leagues seem to be forgetting — MONEY, $$$$$$$$, €€€€€€€, ££££££££, ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥, cash, moola, dough, jack. This ain't no Carlton Sheets No Money Down thing. If you don't have the cash up front, don't jerk the players, coaches, fans around.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:07 pm

My point was...

All it takes in the NIFL is a name and a venue...

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:21 pm

nksports wrote:Don't forget the most important thing — which some of these leagues seem to be forgetting — MONEY, $$$$$$$$, €€€€€€€, ££££££££, ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥, cash, moola, dough, jack. This ain't no Carlton Sheets No Money Down thing. If you don't have the cash up front, don't jerk the players, coaches, fans around.

Also known as sufficient startup capital to survive the season with weak/meager paid attendance projections.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

Return to “NIFL”