AIF adds the Moorestown Saints

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

AIF adds the Moorestown Saints

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:35 am

SugarBear
Site Admin

How can this really be deemed professional?

Post by SugarBear » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks for sharing the link. I went to the team's website and saw that they will be playing their home games at the Pineland Sports Complex in Southampton, NJ. (http://www.pinelandssports.com)

This facility was/is home to the IGL (Indoor Gridiron League). There is room for maybe 50 fans (and that's a bit generous) behind a plastic wall that sits behind 1 endzone. Unless they plan on purchasing bleachers and installing them somehow (but really there's no room to put them). You can see the photos yourself on their facebook.

Is this another pay-to-play team, where they sell the players on the dream of how this is an opportunity to advance. It's sad. Moorestown is a very affluent community, so maybe the owner has deep pockets to cover all the expenses, however, if not, I see this team in financial ruin before the season even starts.

I guess they needed a fill-in team now that Harrisburg has wised up and jumped ship!

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:56 pm

[quote=""SugarBear""]Thanks for sharing the link. I went to the team's website and saw that they will be playing their home games at the Pineland Sports Complex in Southampton, NJ. [/quote]

I couldn't find the reference on the team website to games being at Pineland, just practices and workouts.

Alhammer
Site Admin

Post by Alhammer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:02 pm

another semi pro team. When will people ever learn. Its a shame. these guys get exploited and then in a year rack up another indoor team burn. :(

Alhammer
Site Admin

Post by Alhammer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:03 pm

[quote=""Alhammer""]another semi pro team. When will people ever learn. Its a shame. these guys get exploited and then in a year rack up another indoor team burn. :( [/quote]

PS how long until a NFL guy catches the name saints with that color combination?

SugarBear
Site Admin

It's on the teams website.

Post by SugarBear » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:08 pm

[quote=""DCAbloob""]I couldn't find the reference on the team website to games being at Pineland, just practices and workouts.[/quote]

Hi DCA, a link to the article is on the team's website.....Yikes....up top. It's a leaguelineup website. Nothing against leaguelineup but as a "professional" team's website - but then again look at the League's site. Of course, this is just my opinion but come on.

-----------------------------

Here's the article:

Breaking News

Home stadium just announced!
The Moorestown Saints are proud to announce that the Pinelands Sports Complex will be our home stadium and practice field. The Complex is located off of Rt. 70 in Southampton, NJ. Come on out and join us for practices and cheer the team onto victory!!! Stay tuned for the up coming practice schedule and the release of the 2014 season game schedule.

SugarBear
Site Admin

You nailed it

Post by SugarBear » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:20 pm

[quote=""Alhammer""]PS how long until a NFL guy catches the name saints with that color combination?[/quote]

Hi Al, You brought up a very good point. This could very well be an infringement on the New Orleans Saints copyright. I'm not an attorney but they do appear to be using the same logo and team moniker in the same industry - football. If they were a not-for-profit team, I believe they could basically use it but they are saying they are a for-profit "professional" team, therefore, they are making potential earnings on that name - in the same industry. Again, I am not an attorney but based on my past experiences, I do believe there could definitely be an issue. But ultimately, that's an issue for the legal teams to decide. Very good point.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 pm

If there's a problem, I'm sure a C&D letter is already in the registered mail.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Don't worry I suspect the M-town aints will be another non-profit team.
I could be wrong but I don't think T-shirt & plastic hand clapper sales
will be enough to support a team in any league.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:39 pm

The inability to turn a profit does not make an organization a nonprofit.

Return to “AIF”