PBL near the basement?

time out
Site Admin

PBL near the basement?

Post by time out » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:25 am

I see that the PBL was moved almost to the bottom of the list by OSC.....Right next to the ABA. Did OSC learn something that most everyone else already knew?

one way
Site Admin

Post by one way » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:34 pm

I counted 40 fans at the recent Muscle vs. Indiana game. I believe all of them were not paying, because I didn't. No signage up anywhere. I am not sure what the role of the general manager is, but I was always under the impression that it is to sell. No groups no fans no nothing. You be the judge

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Thats to bad. I'm really impressed with the quality of team and the fan support Sauk Valley has received this year. I had my doubts, but they are a really solid organization so far.

http://www.photosbyonsite.com/SaukValle ... Basketball

You can see the crowd SV got at home against Chicago on 1-6-12

And the crowd they played in front of on 1-15-12 at Indiana. Talk about a sterile environment.
Last edited by wasteland on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:44 am

[quote=""wasteland""]Thats to bad. I'm really impressed with the quality of team and the fan support Sauk Valley has received this year. I had my doubts, but they are a really solid organization so far.

http://www.photosbyonsite.com/SaukValle ... Basketball

You can see the crowd SV got at home against Chicago on 1-6-12

And the crowd they played in front of on 1-15-12 at Indiana. Talk about a sterile environment.[/quote]
Really nice photos for Sauk Valley -- whoever is taking those photos is doing a great job. Like you said, there is quite a contrast -- Sauk Valley's home crowd looks great (better than some D-League teams).

This is a big transition year for the PBL with so many new teams. Some will stick. Some will not. Hopefully they have enough that stick and are able to build around those for next season. It is easy for all of us to be critical (myself included) of the PBL, but Sev has stuck his neck out there and his wallet to fund high level basketball for many seasons now. How many of us can say the same?
Last edited by wellington on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Men's Basketball”