ABA Standings/Schedule

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
Cleveland Fan
Site Admin

ABA Standings/Schedule

Post by Cleveland Fan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:10 am

Anybody tracking the standings/sked this year?

If so, e-mail or PM me any games you can't find scores for.

If not, I just might try it.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:35 pm

[quote=""Cleveland Fan""]Anybody tracking the standings/sked this year?

If so, e-mail or PM me any games you can't find scores for.

If not, I just might try it.[/quote]

Expect other teams from the ABA to contact you about the scores as well - not to report them, but to find out what they are...
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:29 pm

Good point ABARWB........this league is such a poorly run (publically traded) company that even those on the 'inside' have no clue as to what is happening, who is winning and the schedule.

The owners will be asking Cleveland to see what the sked is, who is leading and top scorers.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:41 pm

[quote=""Paul S""] who is leading and top scorers.[/quote]

Not unless they want a scouting report on an opponent. Otherwise, I have never known scoring, rebounding, and team stats to be an ABAish concern.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

poppajohn
Site Admin

Post by poppajohn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:11 pm

[quote=""tops804""]Not unless they want a scouting report on an opponent. Otherwise, I have never known scoring, rebounding, and team stats to be an ABAish concern.[/quote]

Unlike a Little Dribblers League, or a Church or YMCA league, the ABA does not produce schedules or post game results, much less individual stats. If I recall, a fellow who was hired to do that several years ago never was paid for his effort.

ABA_TampaBay
Site Admin

Post by ABA_TampaBay » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:10 pm

[quote=""poppajohn""]Unlike a Little Dribblers League, or a Church or YMCA league, the ABA does not produce schedules or post game results, much less individual stats. If I recall, a fellow who was hired to do that several years ago never was paid for his effort.[/quote]And therein in the problem. Getting someone who can read and write is a real bear especially for those who couldn't figure out why they had to send their $10K entry fee to an off-shore account. :D Besides, crayons and paper cost money and few people understand how to use an abacus.

----------------------------------
TBSN Sports Media
http://www.tbsn1.com/
-----------------------------------

Cleveland Fan
Site Admin

Post by Cleveland Fan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:37 am

A sign of the end of the world? :D

http://abalive.com/category/aba-scores/

Seriously. Does anybody know if these scores are legit? I was planning to get started on my standings spreadsheet (November was crazy, couldn't find time to get to it) and this would give me a decent starting point.

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:52 am

[quote=""Cleveland Fan""]A sign of the end of the world? :D

http://abalive.com/category/aba-scores/

Seriously. Does anybody know if these scores are legit? I was planning to get started on my standings spreadsheet (November was crazy, couldn't find time to get to it) and this would give me a decent starting point.[/quote]

"If scores are missed, it hurts no one"
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:17 pm

The scores on the league site are correct. Not all scores on are listed on the various team sites, but it appears that most involved are getting there scores out there.

Return to “ABA”