The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
tops804
Site Admin

Wisconsin gets its very own...

Post by tops804 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:54 am

...and first ever, ABA team.
ABA TO EXPAND TO MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN NEXT SEASON
2/5/2011
Indianapolis, IN. The American Basketball Association (ABA) http://www.abalive.com today announced that it would expand to Milwaukee, WI next season with the addition of the Milwaukee Blast. "At last, we're in Wisconsin," stated ABA CEO Joe Newman. "We have wanted to expand there for several years and have been looking for just the right owner - and we found him in Elzie Flenard III. This will be one great team and it will fit beautifully into our North Central Division."

The Milwaukee Blast team will be owned by Elzie Flenard III, President/CEO of Flenard Enterprizes, LLC. Elzie has a business background stemming from the music industry and was the founder of Flenard Music in 2005. "Even as a little boy I've always wanted to own a professional basketball team," stated Flenard. "This transition into sports entertainment will be a perfect fit for our company. I believe that Milwaukee is the perfect market for the ABA. This is a part of the country that is home to avid sports fans that support their teams. We are looking forward to bringing the Milwaukee Blast to Milwaukee County.

Flenard was born in Chicago and raised in Southern Illinois. A job opportunity in Milwaukee brought his family and him to the Southeast Wisconsin area. "My wife Victoria and daughter Nia love Milwaukee and we are very excited about bringing fan friendly, exciting and affordable professional basketball to the area."

For more information, email [email protected] or call 414 671 9446 or visit http://www.abalive.com or http://www.blastbasketball.com.
Geez, and here I thought that the Packers would be the only big sports news coming out of Wisconsin this week... :rolleyes:

...And one less state that Joe's ABA hasn't tarnished... :mad:

...and one more owner with a "music background" -- (aka) ABA Idol 2012 can't be far off.
Last edited by tops804 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:16 am

And so it goes

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:39 pm

So how many states does Joe have left to sully?

TEN
Site Admin

Post by TEN » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:58 am

I don't THINK there has been one in Kansas yet....

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:21 am

[quote=""TEN""]I don't THINK there has been one in Kansas yet....[/quote]

Don't give Joe any ideas

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:18 pm

I used to keep a list, but I've stopped following the ABA dealings as closely.

I'm pretty sure South Dakota, Montana and Idaho also haven't had teams. But I'm thinking Joe is very close to completing all 50 states. I'm waiting for Bikini Atoll to get a team though.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:50 pm

[quote=""Shootmaster_44""]I used to keep a list, but I've stopped following the ABA dealings as closely.

I'm pretty sure South Dakota, Montana and Idaho also haven't had teams. But I'm thinking Joe is very close to completing all 50 states. I'm waiting for Bikini Atoll to get a team though.[/quote]

I don't think Maine has had one either.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:32 pm

Given the state's success rate for minor league basketball, I wouldn't rush in. You had the Topeka/Kansas City Sizzlers, Wichita Outlaws (GBA), the Salina whatever they were in one of the old I leagues and the Topeka-Hutchinson-Wichita debacle that was the AAPBL (a bald-faced scam attempt).
The only teams that were close to being successful were the Kansas Cagerz and Dodge City Legend, and their league brought them down.

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:06 am

[quote=""nksports""]Given the state's success rate for minor league basketball, I wouldn't rush in. You had the Topeka/Kansas City Sizzlers, Wichita Outlaws (GBA), the Salina whatever they were in one of the old I leagues and the Topeka-Hutchinson-Wichita debacle that was the AAPBL (a bald-faced scam attempt).
The only teams that were close to being successful were the Kansas Cagerz and Dodge City Legend, and their league brought them down.[/quote]

That would make tons of sense for a legit league. However, since when does Joe ever care whether leagues have failed before? So long as the $10,000 cheque clears you too could have a team in Kansas.

Aaronhere
Site Admin

Post by Aaronhere » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:05 pm

NO NO NO...my state has been NEWMANNED....

America's Real Team
http://www.packershistory.net

Return to “ABA”