Maui team has a name

The Golden Baseball League (GBL) forum
JFeld127
Site Admin

Maui team has a name

Post by JFeld127 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:34 pm

The new GBL team in Maui has its name, and it's a mouthful. The Na Ikaika Koa Maui, roughly translated as the Warriors of Maui, will be managed by former RoadRunners manager Cory Snyder with former RoadRunners GM Rick Berry leading the front office. In fact, they have signed their first player as well. Three-year GBL veteran Mark Okano, known around the league as the Flyin' Hawaiian, was the first signee of Na Ikaika Koa Maui.

Here's a little more info about Na Ikaika Koa Maui: http://longbeacharmada.blogspot.com/200 ... -maui.html

ChicoOutlawsFan
Site Admin

Post by ChicoOutlawsFan » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:27 am

The GBL has always been known for being unique and having unique names. Na Ikaika Koa Maui is the latest. It's gonna take a while to get used to the name, but by the time the season begins we will know more about them. And I knew Cory would manage the team. I told someone that I wouldn't be surprised if he got the skipper job in Maui after St. George folded. I called it!

I look forward to seeing Maui when they come to Chico.

Hawk87
Site Admin

Post by Hawk87 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Excuse me for being stupid...but...not anywhere has there appeared a phonetic way to pronounce the team name...I have no idea how to say it...

Return to “GBL”