2009 PBL National Tryout Combine

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
Florida Flight
Site Admin

2009 PBL National Tryout Combine

Post by Florida Flight » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:37 pm

The 2009 PBL National Tryout Combine will take place this weekend in Chicago, IL. This is the first of several planned combines leading up to the PBL Lottery Draft, which will be hosted at the ESPN Zone later this year in Chicago.

Mark King (a.k.a. Zeke) will be at the Chicago combine. Like Lance Armstrong at the Tour de France, Mark will be providing updates via Twitter:

http://twitter.com/markking14

So, whether you are interested in the PBL or just a fan of Mark King, stayed tuned for his take on the combine. For updated news and info on the Florida Flight, visit:
flighthoops.com
Florida Flight Pro Basketball

flighthoops.com
WBA

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:16 pm

Well with Carrie from the PBL office setting up the camp, it will go well. She is a great person and the PBL is fortunate to have her.

There always unsung heroes and great behind the scenes people in every walk of life and Carrie is that.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Wow, a compliment from NSF! lol

But seriously, I hope things go well for you, Mark. However, I'm wondering why I'm not seeing any press releases on this?

minorleagfan09
Site Admin

Post by minorleagfan09 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:13 pm

I remember the PBL advertising this on EuroBasket. When are the later tryouts and are they all in Chicago. Also are the combines open to the public?
Since minor league basketball has sunk so low it should be noted that all my comments are merely my personal opinions. They are purely my views that I wish to express using my constitutionally protected right. There are basic standards I believe a pro league or team should adhere to. If you want to know those standards shoot me a PM.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:43 pm

The tryouts are open to the public. The PBL has always been fan friendly.

I have given lots of compliments, (when they are deserved), I have had nothing but praise for the entire way the rochester runs their organization. I have always been complimentary to battle creek, and I was an original suporter of the PBL when it first started.

I think they have good intentions, and are trying. haven't always agreed with the methods 100 percent, but I don't agree with anything 100 percent.

By the way, I was pulling for pittsburgh when they were in the cba. They had three players I knew very well in training camp a couple of years ago. But I am a ronnie Fields fan, so I switched to Minot!

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:43 am

I was kidding, NSF. I know how you feel about the PBL, it just seems that you are always critical of Mark and his team. I'm glad to see you post something supportive.
As far as the Xplosion, I still miss them, even though we are getting another pro(which I'm still cautious about). Despite their problems(X), I have fond memories of being at their games.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:06 am

I wish Mark nothing but the best. As I said before, I like to tease but its harmless fun (I hope).

As I said, I am a nerd who is stuck in the seventies. (wheres my disco shirt?)

Mark and I have a lot in common. We love God and basketball. He has visions of being an owner and there is nothing wrong with that. He has worked hard to get opportunities and that is great too.

Hes not robbing gas stations, or doing drugs, he just loves basketball, and wants to be involved in it. Nothing wrong with that.

He has a lot of passion for the game, this I know, and again that means he and I have more in common. In life all you can do is give your best effort, and certainly Mark will give his best effort.

Man I am feeling philisophical tonight !

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:49 am

Hey all,

Just thought I'd drop a quick note before I turn it in for the night. Hope to see you at the camp tomorrow, NSF! Give me a nudge if you're there! I have, in fact, been tweeting my trip so far. My twitter account loads on our http://www.flighthoops.com website as well, so you can get all the updates (if you're interested). It's in the bottom left corner. I thought it would be cool to give folks who wanted it a semi-behind-the-scenes look.

I'm looking forward to getting some good ball in tomorrow. I'm also hoping to see Ernest play well. He didn't get the shot he wanted in Buffalo last season. Hopefully he can build on it and accomplish some of his goals this coming season in the PBL, and be set to go for the Flight in 2011. FYI - Chuck Reed might be on his way to Germany, so he opted not to attend this camp.

Well, no baby to worry about tonight (although I miss her terribly). I should get some good sleep though. Who knows...maybe I will walk away from this camp with an unexpected offer to play. Stranger things have happened!

Good night!
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

one way
Site Admin

Post by one way » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Don't bet on it.

Florida Flight
Site Admin

Post by Florida Flight » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:54 pm

Sounded like Mark had a good camp up in Chicago.
Florida Flight Pro Basketball

flighthoops.com
WBA

Return to “PBL”