Throwbacks Boyce Goes to D-League?

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Throwbacks Boyce Goes to D-League?

Post by DakotaWiz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:09 pm

According to a press release today, Donnie Boyce has gone to the D-League. Any insight into this?
Ridiculousupside.com -- A (Mostly) D-League Site

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:47 pm

Ya got me, but I met Donnie at the Showcase last year and found him to be one of the nicer guys and more knowledgeable coaches I have run into. I wish Donnie nothing but the best of luck.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Congrats to donnie, outstanding young man, who will do a good job in the d-league. He has potential and getting out of the situation he was in will be good for him. I mean the throwbacks treated him well and gave him his opportunity, but they were financially strapped so he was forced to coach guys, well lets just say, were challenging. And at times he got them to play well and they always played hard.

I think as far as the league is concerned, this is a truly positive moment!

jamesaba
Site Admin

Post by jamesaba » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Congrats to Donny and the PBL. That is what the minor leagues are good for.

Minor League Legend
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Legend » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:21 am

Like others have said congrats are in order for Donnie. This is a good sign for the PBL. The league should strive to have players and coaches alike get to the D League.

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:52 am

[quote=""Minor League Legend""]Like others have said congrats are in order for Donnie. This is a good sign for the PBL. The league should strive to have players and coaches alike get to the D League.[/quote]

Optimally, I'd like to see players and coaches go from the PBL to the NBA, but one must crawl before one can walk. Much congrats to former Albany Patroon Donnie Boyce, a class act, on his new job in the D-League!

Return to “PBL”