Aba-cba

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Aba-cba

Post by DakotaWiz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:15 am

Now that it's been decided that the ABA will fill in Pittsburgh's portion of the schedule for the CBA, what are some of the stronger ABA teams? Where do the Illinois teams, the team in Utah, Vegas, Detroit, Kansas City rank?

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:37 am

Speaking as an Xplosion fan, it's unfortunate how the situation here was handled and I still find myself in disbelief about it.
With the reputation that the ABA has, I feel fortunate that we only had one game that was canceled during our first and only season in this league.
There are some good team in the ABA like San Diego, Alaska seems good(to name some that I'm familiar with in name only), along with Maywood.
I would hope that the games vs the CBA get played. I could name other teams, but most have moved to the PBL.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:53 am

[quote=""DakotaWiz""]Now that it's been decided that the ABA will fill in Pittsburgh's portion of the schedule for the CBA, what are some of the stronger ABA teams? Where do the Illinois teams, the team in Utah, Vegas, Detroit, Kansas City rank?[/quote]
I think that the Salt Lake City Saints and the Detroit Hoops are non-existent for all intents and purposes and Vegas have already folded. No idea about the Chicago Steam.

Kansas City look to be capable of at least making it to January 15 which is all that matters for the CBA - they were smart to try to put all the ABA games at the start of the season rather than relying on the teams to show up in March.

Nashville, San Diego, Alaska, Maywood, and Knoxville are the only teams I would really trust.

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:58 am

[quote=""CHris902""]I think that the Salt Lake City Saints and the Detroit Hoops are non-existent for all intents and purposes and Vegas have already folded. No idea about the Chicago Steam.[/quote]

I didn't know about Vegas folding. They were just in Alaska for a tournament...you have the inside scoop on that? Not that I am shocked, but I did think the team had done much better than they did in Orlando!
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:13 am

[quote=""zeke41""]I didn't know about Vegas folding. They were just in Alaska for a tournament...you have the inside scoop on that? Not that I am shocked, but I did think the team had done much better than they did in Orlando![/quote]

You're right, it's 1am in the middle of exam season and I got all mixed up. Everyone ignore me and carry on.

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:15 am

LOL...I was like that 2 days ago...had a paper to finish! I have a final exam next Tuesday myself!!!! Good luck!
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:22 am

Wow...the CBA really has gone to hell, hasn't it.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:11 am

I'm really surprised that the CBA took this route!

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:29 am

The CBA has entered into the Gates of Hell and they are not going to return. Isiah Thomas you are now forgiven for all your crimes to the CBA
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:57 am

Anyone who is expecting to get games from the ABA is gonna be in for a big surprise.........

The CBA should know better and probably do. This is a desperate decision by a sinking league. Hooking up with the ABA is usually a death sentance in my opinion.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Return to “ABA”