Vincent Askew signed with KY Mavericks!

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
KYmavericks
Site Admin

Vincent Askew signed with KY Mavericks!

Post by KYmavericks » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:50 pm

Yes that is the facts Vincent Askew decided to join the new team in Bowling Green, KY The Kentucky Mavericks the team owner Jason Smith, Assitant Coach is Otis Keys (former Globe Trotter)and the Mavs look to be signing some strong local players along with many others next week with open try-outs July 7th-9th at Phil Moore Park in Warren county KY outside Bowling Green, KY there is a $2,000 sign on bonus for most impressive player! contact us for more details 270-782-7544
Last edited by KYmavericks on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added info

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Wow, you're logo on your tryout form would almost look identical to the Dallas Mavericks logo if you had a basketball with a maverick inside above the words "Mavericks" and the colors were switched around.

http://www.kymavericks.com

C'mon wheres the creativity!?

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:49 pm

[quote=""KYmavericks""]Yes that is the facts Vincent Askew decided to join the new team in Bowling Green, KY The Kentucky Mavericks the team owner Jason Smith, Assitant Coach is Otis Keys (former Globe Trotter)and the Mavs look to be signing some strong local players along with many others next week with open try-outs July 7th-9th at Phil Moore Park in Warren county KY outside Bowling Green, KY there is a $2,000 sign on bonus for most impressive player! contact us for more details 270-782-7544[/quote]

Lack of creativity........Check.
Spelling errors.......Check.
One heck of a run-on sentence.....Check.

WELCOME TO THE ABA!! YOU QUALIFY!!! (Those with strong spelling skills, solid grammatical skills and those who are creative with their logo do not qualify for the ABA.)
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:14 pm

[quote=""tbayz1""]Wow, you're logo on your tryout form would almost look identical to the Dallas Mavericks logo if you had a basketball with a maverick inside above the words "Mavericks" and the colors were switched around.

http://www.kymavericks.com

C'mon wheres the creativity!?[/quote]

Almost look identical?

It IS a Dallas logo:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=434

Ridiculous, but not surprising for this league...
Last edited by ABARedWhiteBlue on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

tops804
Site Admin

The ABA involved in taking from someone else???

Post by tops804 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:50 pm

"That would be Mean-Spirited, unethical and immoral"... :mad:

http://www.abalive.com/news/releases/?newsid=2006071706008

...Okay, so the "Mean-Sprited" part came later.
"The ABA has not and will not engage in similar conduct."
Last edited by tops804 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Ahh wait till Mark Cuban finds this out. Oh **** he did :-)
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:22 pm

[quote=""KYmavericks""]there is a $2,000 sign on bonus for most impressive player! contact us for more details 270-782-7544[/quote]

That's more than some ABA teams spend for their entire budget.

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:52 pm

[quote=""formerlyknownasfells""]Lack of creativity........Check.
Spelling errors.......Check.
One heck of a run-on sentence.....Check.

WELCOME TO THE ABA!! YOU QUALIFY!!! (Those with strong spelling skills, solid grammatical skills and those who are creative with their logo do not qualify for the ABA.)[/quote]

Chris, you forgot..

"Market reservation check cleared....Check"
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:23 am

[quote=""The Sweeper""]Chris, you forgot..

"Market reservation check cleared....Check"[/quote]

Well, Joe is so desperate for teams, he might have "forgotten" about the fee...............Nah.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:27 am

And let's remember that Joe got his boxers all bunched up when Moose Lewis used the same letters for his league -

now, the Kitchen Czar has a team using the same NAME and LOGO of an established NBA team...

Pathetic...
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Return to “ABA”