CIFL for Sale or Not?

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
banannaman
Site Admin

Post by banannaman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:12 pm

Just so people know what that link above is I posted

http://propertyrecords.montcopa.org/For ... Mparent=20
Last edited by banannaman on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

faithandfootball
Site Admin

Post by faithandfootball » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:20 am

Here is some info,,,,,,,,,,,

Owners,

Here are the plans for the off-season for the CIFL. These plans include off-season owners meetings, which we will have two of them. In addition to the hiring and announcement of staff members into the league. Communication is key through the off-season as we want to work together to maximize our time and efforts. All information contained herein is confidential and intended for CIFL owners and select staff only. If you received this message twice, I apologize.

Owners Meetings:
1. September 27, 2008 - Canton, Ohio (Location TBD)
2. February 8, 2009 - Canton, Ohio (Location TBD)

The likely locations for the owners meetings will be at the Holiday Inn Conference Center in Canton, Ohio. This is the same location that we held the owners meeting at following the 2007 season. The meeting will begin on Saturday at 10am and run until 6pm or completion, whichever comes first. A second day could be scheduled if needed. Rooms will be available for $79 (approx) through the Holiday Inn and all the details will be provided.

The owners meetings during this off-season will be an opportunity to strengthen the league and improve the overall product and professionalism of the entire league. This is something very important to us as we move forward with our attempts to secure league sponsorship deals for 2009.

2009 Schedule:
I have been asked a handful of times about the availability of the 2009 schedule. I have dates from maybe three teams to this point and a schedule would be downright impossible. I can not schedule games blindly and would like to have the dates emailed to me ASAP so we can begin. At this time the schedule will not be ready until at least October 1st. Each team will play six home games, a seventh can be scheduled as an exhibition against either a semi-pro team or another CIFL team. If you want to sell season tickets, sell them as games one through six. The specific dates and teams can be added later. The schedule is tentative and can be changed at our discretion. (See financial info below)

New Employees:
The league is currently working to hire a new Director of Officials for 2009 and beyond. We have a candidate to replace Rick Radcliff and it will be announced soon. He has begun the process of recruiting more officials and ones that can handle the speed of our game, along with having the professional attitude and appearance on the field.

In addition to the Director of Officials, we are working to hire a Media Relations Director. This person will work for the league but will also be available to any of the teams as well. They can be utilized to write stories for the team websites, along with conducting interviews for players and game previews/reviews.

Marketing/Sponsorship Company:
We are currently in negotiations with a marketing/sponsorship company that is going to head up the sponsorship sales department for the league. This company already has all the contacts necessary to secure the sponsors we are looking for. Everything is for sale in a sponsorship form through the league and should be through the teams as well. If a company wants to be the presenting partner for your team, it should be considered for the right price. An example would be the Team Name presented by Company Name. Our goal is to start with $100,000 in league sponsorship for the 2009 season and be at $250,000 by 2011. The overall product will determine how successful we can be when it comes to sponsorship for the league.

Sale of the League:
As I have talked to most of you on the phone about this, let me address this topic. We took many phone calls asking if the league was sold. It was/has not been sold. Over the last six to seven months we have received four offers to sell the league, for various amounts and stock, etc. We have not signed a purchase agreement or received any form of payment for the rights to the CIFL. It is still owned by myself and Eric, nothing has changed.

Finances:
This is a subject that many do not want to talk about, in fact, many calls and emails in regards to this subject go unreturned and/or unanswered. There are teams in the league that are carrying a balance as of today. August invoices are going out soon and the outstanding monies owed continues to climb. We understand that for some teams, money is tight, however, the league was set up to operate on a tight budget and when one payment is missed, everthing can get out of control. The following will happen on Monday.

Each team with a balance will receive an updated invoice. The invoice is due upon receipt, and in the Information box at the bottom of the invoice will contain specific information as to what is the minimum amount due into our office by Friday, August 22nd. All payments should be sent UPS/FedEx/DHL with a tracking number to avoid the "lost check". The remainder of the balance will be handled the same way until paid in full. Expect to bring a payment to the owners meeting in September. Failure to make the payment by August 22nd may result in collection action taken against your team through league attorney John Wirtz. We DO NOT want to do this, trust me, it is a waste of time and money. In addition, we will have a scheduled conference call on Monday, August 25th to discuss these balances and set the league and teams in the right direction. Teams that are not paid in full or have followed the payment agreements set forth by the league, on December 1st, 2008 will be removed from the schedule and the schedule updated to reflect the change. Payments are now to be expected on time, each month.

In closing, we look forward to the 2009 season and are moving forward in that regard, we hope you are too. Thanks for your time, if you have any questions, please email or call myself or Eric.
--

1 Attached Images

Indoorfootballguy
Site Admin

Post by Indoorfootballguy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:43 am

Any chances of getting a CIFL Video Broadcast for games in 2009. like Nifty-TV or B2 Networks? I think that would really help the league

jeffspitaleri
Site Admin

Post by jeffspitaleri » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:32 am

It is a sad day and I am embarassed for this sport because of people, or should I say clowns like John Mize, which has obviously found his troll hole and got back on the boards. I know this is him because Paul did the right thing and displays the IP's addresses.

He is a disgrace to the game and anyone working with him should be ashamed to do so. This is quite possibly one of the biggest displays of classlessness and lack of professionalism that I have ever witnessed, truely a shame.

Jeff Spitaleri

[quote=""faithandfootball""]Here is some info,,,,,,,,,,,

Owners,

Here are the plans for the off-season for the CIFL. These plans include off-season owners meetings, which we will have two of them. In addition to the hiring and announcement of staff members into the league. Communication is key through the off-season as we want to work together to maximize our time and efforts. All information contained herein is confidential and intended for CIFL owners and select staff only. If you received this message twice, I apologize.

Owners Meetings:
1. September 27, 2008 - Canton, Ohio (Location TBD)
2. February 8, 2009 - Canton, Ohio (Location TBD)

The likely locations for the owners meetings will be at the Holiday Inn Conference Center in Canton, Ohio. This is the same location that we held the owners meeting at following the 2007 season. The meeting will begin on Saturday at 10am and run until 6pm or completion, whichever comes first. A second day could be scheduled if needed. Rooms will be available for $79 (approx) through the Holiday Inn and all the details will be provided.

The owners meetings during this off-season will be an opportunity to strengthen the league and improve the overall product and professionalism of the entire league. This is something very important to us as we move forward with our attempts to secure league sponsorship deals for 2009.

2009 Schedule:
I have been asked a handful of times about the availability of the 2009 schedule. I have dates from maybe three teams to this point and a schedule would be downright impossible. I can not schedule games blindly and would like to have the dates emailed to me ASAP so we can begin. At this time the schedule will not be ready until at least October 1st. Each team will play six home games, a seventh can be scheduled as an exhibition against either a semi-pro team or another CIFL team. If you want to sell season tickets, sell them as games one through six. The specific dates and teams can be added later. The schedule is tentative and can be changed at our discretion. (See financial info below)

New Employees:
The league is currently working to hire a new Director of Officials for 2009 and beyond. We have a candidate to replace Rick Radcliff and it will be announced soon. He has begun the process of recruiting more officials and ones that can handle the speed of our game, along with having the professional attitude and appearance on the field.

In addition to the Director of Officials, we are working to hire a Media Relations Director. This person will work for the league but will also be available to any of the teams as well. They can be utilized to write stories for the team websites, along with conducting interviews for players and game previews/reviews.

Marketing/Sponsorship Company:
We are currently in negotiations with a marketing/sponsorship company that is going to head up the sponsorship sales department for the league. This company already has all the contacts necessary to secure the sponsors we are looking for. Everything is for sale in a sponsorship form through the league and should be through the teams as well. If a company wants to be the presenting partner for your team, it should be considered for the right price. An example would be the Team Name presented by Company Name. Our goal is to start with $100,000 in league sponsorship for the 2009 season and be at $250,000 by 2011. The overall product will determine how successful we can be when it comes to sponsorship for the league.

Sale of the League:
As I have talked to most of you on the phone about this, let me address this topic. We took many phone calls asking if the league was sold. It was/has not been sold. Over the last six to seven months we have received four offers to sell the league, for various amounts and stock, etc. We have not signed a purchase agreement or received any form of payment for the rights to the CIFL. It is still owned by myself and Eric, nothing has changed.

Finances:
This is a subject that many do not want to talk about, in fact, many calls and emails in regards to this subject go unreturned and/or unanswered. There are teams in the league that are carrying a balance as of today. August invoices are going out soon and the outstanding monies owed continues to climb. We understand that for some teams, money is tight, however, the league was set up to operate on a tight budget and when one payment is missed, everthing can get out of control. The following will happen on Monday.

Each team with a balance will receive an updated invoice. The invoice is due upon receipt, and in the Information box at the bottom of the invoice will contain specific information as to what is the minimum amount due into our office by Friday, August 22nd. All payments should be sent UPS/FedEx/DHL with a tracking number to avoid the "lost check". The remainder of the balance will be handled the same way until paid in full. Expect to bring a payment to the owners meeting in September. Failure to make the payment by August 22nd may result in collection action taken against your team through league attorney John Wirtz. We DO NOT want to do this, trust me, it is a waste of time and money. In addition, we will have a scheduled conference call on Monday, August 25th to discuss these balances and set the league and teams in the right direction. Teams that are not paid in full or have followed the payment agreements set forth by the league, on December 1st, 2008 will be removed from the schedule and the schedule updated to reflect the change. Payments are now to be expected on time, each month.

In closing, we look forward to the 2009 season and are moving forward in that regard, we hope you are too. Thanks for your time, if you have any questions, please email or call myself or Eric.
--

1 Attached Images[/quote]

faithandfootball
Site Admin

Post by faithandfootball » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:08 am

Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 3:07:14 AM
Subject: Re: CIFL Information Update

Owners,
Just to let everyone know, the 3 year lease for our office has expired and we are in the process of moving to a location closer to our homes, therefore, the league phone number is shut off and the mailing address wont be valid. We will give you a new address so when you send in your payments this week, you have an address to send them to. If anyone needs anything, feel free to get us thru email or on our cell phones, Eric- 330-313-0335, Jeff- 330-412-5003. You all will be recieving a invoice later today with update figures and the amount that must be paid this week.

Thanks
Eric
Last edited by faithandfootball on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: info

faithandfootball
Site Admin

Post by faithandfootball » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:26 am

Where do you think this info is coming from? From the very ones that do not like the fact that you are having Kalamazoo making calls regarding signing their letters to remain in the CIFL, I dont work for anyone nor am I looking for a job, All I have done is point out a FEW things regarding what might be wrong with the way the CIFL is or WAS being run. I have never nor will I bad mouth you guys, just dont call me out or a LIAR when you know what I have said IS the truth. Now, I know I am going to have to leave but FOR WHAT REASION. PAUL called a few people and verified what I was saying is the TRUTH, so why was I kicked off? The truth. Thats why there are people who want or has left the CIFL, due to people like you who dont want to hear anything from anybody regarding the simplest thing about the league( you dont return calls from owners) and you sided with Mike Johnson AFTER ALL that he did to the other teams. Does any one want to see the SIGNED AGREEMENT that the those 2 signed regarding the CIFL and the SALE OF IT?. Even when they were telling owners that there was no agreement in princaple signed? If I cant post it I will send it to Quite a few people who are on neither side of this thing. Again I never lied or called anyone out but if sensorship IS the way to go for some of you then fine. But every thing I have stated sense last Saturday IS THE TRUTH. this is nothing against any one person. Plain and simple, just was ask to put out info regarding the CIFL from some CIFL people. Thats all. You Jeff or Eric dont have the faith of the people anymore. There ARE owners who in fact just want a new fresh start and it's their right to do what they want with their team, and that is happening. Never have bad mouthed you too or the league, again just pointed out what I was ask to do.

faithandfootball
Site Admin

Post by faithandfootball » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:32 am

[quote=""jeffspitaleri""]It is a sad day and I am embarassed for this sport because of people, or should I say clowns like John Mize, which has obviously found his troll hole and got back on the boards. I know this is him because Paul did the right thing and displays the IP's addresses.

He is a disgrace to the game and anyone working with him should be ashamed to do so. This is quite possibly one of the biggest displays of classlessness and lack of professionalism that I have ever witnessed, truely a shame.

Jeff Spitaleri[/quote] Classlessness,, you have very big one's to say that. Using MJ to put the word out about returning to the CIFL are you serious, thats PART of the problem or ALOT of it, well at least I can sleep with my self regarding what I do. You,,,,let me ask. HOW DO YOU LET YOUR LEASE EXPIRE WITHOUT RENTING A NEW Office. Sounds like someone WAS kicked out of building, I might be wrong but from the e mail I received, I don't know :infun:
Last edited by faithandfootball on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ?

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:09 pm

This has now gotten out of hand........
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

Return to “CIFL”