CIFL for Sale or Not?

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
Biff Tannen
Site Admin

Post by Biff Tannen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:32 pm

[quote=""exit322""]

Can it be fixed?[/quote]

Yes, but as you already pointed out; that action will have to be started immediately. Anytime a league fails, it is generally bad for the sport as a whole. It strips the legitimacy of the game. Every league seems to have been started as a "better and bigger" alternative to a previous league. I admire the thought and intention of league owners who truly feel they can make a difference. it is sad to see them being forced to eat it on message boards when their dream falls apart.

It is a harsh and cruel reality, but a reality all the same. For the sake of the sport, I would like to see all the leagues survive and be successful. Mostly for the fans who enjoy seeing hometown kids get a shot at the pros. No matter the level.

Championbuilder
Site Admin

Post by Championbuilder » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:42 pm

If nobody wants a "pissing match" why keep replying?

This was the problem of the league from the beginning! No structure! The "owners" have no sense of self-respect. These league owners should
all be putting large $$ in the bank and all we see is more teams folding, more excuses, more "little people" being left out in the cold without paychecks.

This thing is a massive failure and until the ego's of anyone who has a small business or $50,000 in the bank and a dream to be the next "BON JOVI" understands that they will NOT make any money from THIS league, then Jeff and Eric will continue to move forward. It is not their fault...besides aiding a failing dream, they are salesmen and it works for about a season at a time!

The goal is obviously not to have teams fail but what the hell are these teams paying dues for and buying franchises if they are not protected?

Goes back to the old saying... " Fool Me ONCE..." If any man is going to invest into this league and ignores all the paper trails and bad publicity then they deserve what they get!

Keep selling your dream Jeff! See you in Church!

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:15 pm

[quote=""exit322""]Comments and replies to other previous posts:

Exactly. 99% of fans don't care about the league - and when they do, it's only because of an issue that pops up like Flint not showing up, or Dayton getting booted as a team boards the bus to travel to Dayton. That's the only time anyone cares about the league.

I don't talk to Eric a whole lot, and when we do talk, it's rarely (if ever) about the CIFL. Jeff knows what I think about "pissing matches," so there's no need to rehash that, whether or not he follows what I suggest.

It's pretty easy for an owner to jump out of the CIFL for whatever reason they please. So the CIFL does have to answer to their owners. Whether they have effectively done so is certainly up for debate, but I'm still waiting for a credible argument that losing BB is a death knell for anything. It always hurts to lose an owner that pays his bills, but that loss is mitigated a bunch by losing his (and McCarthy's) ego.

I won't deny that the CIFL may not play in 2009. But to think it has anything to do with external factors is at best asinine. The CIFL has its final real shot to fix its problems this offseason, and my sources are mixed. It is quite possible this won't happen. The CIFL's failures are based on its business failures. Not because they were trying to burn someone else. They went into this thing with the best intentions, but admittedly with very poor execution.

Can it be fixed?[/quote] Josh,,,and that is WHAT this is all about plain and simple,,,THEY may not play in 09, YOU SAID it your self,,,what THIS is about is to give the Owners there in the CIFL a BETTER OPTION or another one to what they have now, A league being run as a hobby out of someone's garage. I am not bashing anyone nohow just pointing out the facts that nobody wants to admit. And yes the majority of the CIFL owners are great business people and should be able to look at their options. You had the chance to call and discuss what what going on but you chose not to, so now you are being left out of the loop, AND TRUST ME your SOURCES might not be giving you the same info, because you still show knobbing to the CIFL, that's all, not a bad thing if you are in to that kind of thing. And nobody that works for the IFL or it's MGT have in any way contacted the CIFL owners. But just the other way around. If you owned a team here and was thinking about leaving would you admit it openly? And also WHY such hate about these guys going to the IFL? That would be a good thing if they brought over the RIGHT teams, NOT ALL OF THEM BUT THE GOOD ONE' sthat pay their bills.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:39 pm

[quote=""Championbuilder""]The goal is obviously not to have teams fail but what the hell are these teams paying dues for[/quote]

Now, you and I both know not many teams are doing *that*
What are you doing here?

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:41 pm

[quote=""robster2001""]Something to remember - bigger is not better. Better is better.

The IFL needs to keep this in mind. I get the feeling the CIFL won't have that problem any more. :) [/quote] It wasn't better for the CIFL because of what the ownership did and the way they did it,,,,Look at the teams from the IFL and have any of them NOT played a game because of BS. The 2 leagues merged to form a GREAT league, and if they are smart, I think they are ,,6 of 9 teams from IFL MAD MONEY last yr, they will watch who they let in but whomever they do, it will be the right choice.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:48 pm

The IFL has two leagues whose members are known to jump ship at the first sign of trouble somewhere else. Yeah, it worked both times, but what's to say they won't jump ship again if things aren't to their liking (remember, the UIF was a stunt designed to wrestle control of the NIFL - there was no intent to actually kick off a UIF, but then they had to when Shiver told them to flip off once and for all).

If the CIFL shows it's fixing its problems - and I don't know if they are or not - why would owners move to a league with that kind of track record? What's to keep them from being left with a bag in their hand (like Wyoming)? "The devil you know" is rarely riskier than the one you don't, at least that's the thinking of most people.

Look, I know what my sources tell me, and I know where they come from. When the non-league sources say the same exact thing as the league ones, I know there's something to it.

If the CIFL can figure out its business model, and figure out how to get its teams to comply with the rules and regulations they've set up - and yes, that's always been the problem - the league can survive. If they can do this without the egos that have been half the problem in the first place, the league can thrive.
What are you doing here?

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:43 pm

OK,,,teams to comply with rules,,this yr(IE) Martin Johnson,,EX owner of the TIDE,,DID Not pay his DUE's and Did not attend whatever meeting's there. HUM,,this yr he paid HIS players $75.00 to play, NOT the league min of $100.00. Did the LEAGUE or Jeff or Eric do anything about that. The last 2 weeks of the season Martin PAID his players $25.00 What about that. IF the league was doing what it was supposed to they would have kicked him out for not having the money to run the team. Also the from office of the TIDE was calling the league office for help and the LEAGUE did NOTHING to help did they. I rest my POINT. What about that JEFF and ERIC,,,what do have to say about that one.

Freedom
Site Admin

Post by Freedom » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:00 pm

Was his "timeout" long enough?

I'm thinking it wasn't . . . :D
Chardale on Jeremy Golden: "everybody DID get paid."
Chardale with the backtrack: " I meant AF2 paid all the bills"

You still don't have a clue Chardale.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:16 pm

[quote=""chardale""]OK,,,teams to comply with rules,,this yr(IE) Martin Johnson,,EX owner of the TIDE,,DID Not pay his DUE's and Did not attend whatever meeting's there. HUM,,this yr he paid HIS players $75.00 to play, NOT the league min of $100.00. Did the LEAGUE or Jeff or Eric do anything about that. The last 2 weeks of the season Martin PAID his players $25.00 What about that. IF the league was doing what it was supposed to they would have kicked him out for not having the money to run the team. Also the from office of the TIDE was calling the league office for help and the LEAGUE did NOTHING to help did they. I rest my POINT. What about that JEFF and ERIC,,,what do have to say about that one.[/quote]

What do I have to say? The same thing I have been saying this entire thread.

If the CIFL fixes their problems, of which ownership compliance certainly applies...as I have said at least twice in this thread, and countless times in other threads...the CIFL will survive, and perhaps even thrive.

If they don't...fix the problems you can't read that I have mentioned numerous times all over the place...the CIFL won't survive.

Now, please read what other people post, to ensure that you're not trying to "prove someone wrong" by typing what they typed...only illegibly.
What are you doing here?

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:28 pm

[quote=""exit322""]What do I have to say? The same thing I have been saying this entire thread.

If the CIFL fixes their problems, of which ownership compliance certainly applies...as I have said at least twice in this thread, and countless times in other threads...the CIFL will survive, and perhaps even thrive.

If they don't...fix the problems you can't read that I have mentioned numerous times all over the place...the CIFL won't survive.

Now, please read what other people post, to ensure that you're not trying to "prove someone wrong" by typing what they typed...only illegibly.[/quote]

OK , then how many years do they need to FIX the SAME ol'problems, the same ones. you TELL ME AND I WILL SHUT UP, get off their DI*$ and tell me because no one has the answer to that, not even the GREAT JOSH. Do you agree that theyshould have taken the DEPOSIT for the league and then said it WAS not for SALE? Do you. Josh, i am not going to argue about it. Just waite and see what happends and AGAIN I will have TOLD YOU SO. Just like what happened in the 2 OTHER CITY"S. And dont get a tude because you spell better that I do, not every body is as savy as you. yes I will admit it but what I tell you IS the truth. Oh yea, were you just on the conference call with the 5 OTHER CIFL teams and their owners.to see what was or is going on? Oh I forgot you arent in the LOOP you think you are in, they are not going to tell you whats going on behind closed doors all the time, You are a good guy but you are sometimes BLINDED by the wrong people.

Return to “CIFL”