Salary Question

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
Green Sox
Site Admin

Salary Question

Post by Green Sox » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:35 pm

What kind of a base salary can a front office staff member expect to make in the D-League? Specifically, a Ticket Sales Director or Operations Manager. If anyone knows a good range of salaries for multiple positions, that would be helpful as well. Thanks!

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:46 am

It definitely depends on the market...

Green Sox
Site Admin

Post by Green Sox » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:51 pm

Well yes, that goes without speaking. Do you have any more specific information?

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:59 pm

It varies so greatly that it wouldn't be worth a guess of an 'average'. If you look at some teams, they can have 10-15 members in the front office. The Wizards have 3.

DWizards
Site Admin

Post by DWizards » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:09 pm

I knew a guy that you to work for a DLeague team as a Tickets Sales Exec. and he only made 28K and I don't think he had any benefits, but I think he did get some sort of commissions for hitting goals, etc. This was in 2005, so you may make more, but a career in sports is usually bad pay and bad hours.

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:41 am

With Minor League Sports it depends on the situation, with baseball it depends if you are a member of the parent team or if you are a member of the minor league team. With basketball it depends on the situation in general. Some teams have it where the majority of the front office work is done by the board which consist generally of the owners. Others hirer it all out, some go through an agency, others might just hirer one big guy and then the rest of the positions are part time and internships. it just really depends on the situation, the team, the market, the sport..... A friend of mine worked for the Iowa Cubs as an intern and he said other then a couple of front office guys and 1 grounds crew guy, everything else was temp and internship programs. So it would just depend.

Return to “D-League”