AF2 rumors

The arenafootball2 (af2) forum
off_the_nets
Site Admin

AF2 rumors

Post by off_the_nets » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:44 pm

Ok group I have heard several rumors recently and thought I would post them here to read what people had also read or know.

1. Daytona Beach will be relocating to Jacksonville for 2009 season.
2. Texas Copperheads will be relocating (haven't heard of a possible location)
3. New expansion markets include Sarasota, FL. and El Paso, TX.
4. Louisville Fire will try and move to the AFL
5. If Grand Rapids moves to Minnesota, then an AF2 team will go into Grand Rapids.

Heard anything different? POST! :)

Indoorfootballguy
Site Admin

Post by Indoorfootballguy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Daytona Beach is folding and the Copperheads will move to Jacksonville, and New Mexico and Milwaukee, WI and the Wildcats might relocate to Tallahassee or fold, thats what I know at least

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:37 pm

What's wrong with the South Georgia Wildcats? Aren't they one of the af2's better teams?

EDIT: Never mind, they were also dominant when they were the Cape Fear Wildcats-but that didn't stop them from moving.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Indoorfootballguy
Site Admin

Post by Indoorfootballguy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:44 pm

The Arena does not want the Wildcats, but NFL WR Deion Branch might buy the team to keep them there

off_the_nets
Site Admin

Post by off_the_nets » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:36 pm

Why would anyone move a team to Tallahassee? Do they remember the Thunder and Titans? Tallahassee is FSU/FAMU country and a pro team cannot survive there. Why doesn't the arena in Albany want the Wildcats anymore? And...the Copperheads moving to Jacksonville? Interesting. I know the af2 wants another Jacksonville team.
I wonder if Daytona Beach will try and join the AIFA or just fold for good?

off_the_nets
Site Admin

Post by off_the_nets » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:38 pm

BTW...Milwaukee and Alburquerque are noted expansion teams. Has anyone heard of anyother cites besides those 2?

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:20 pm

[quote=""off_the_nets""]Why would anyone move a team to Tallahassee? Do they remember the Thunder and Titans? Tallahassee is FSU/FAMU country and a pro team cannot survive there. Why doesn't the arena in Albany want the Wildcats anymore? And...the Copperheads moving to Jacksonville? Interesting. I know the af2 wants another Jacksonville team.
I wonder if Daytona Beach will try and join the AIFA or just fold for good?[/quote]

Daytona Beach joining AIFA.

Heh heh.
Heh heh heh.
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Thanx. I needed that.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:52 pm

[quote=""off_the_nets""]Why would anyone move a team to Tallahassee? Do they remember the Thunder and Titans? Tallahassee is FSU/FAMU country and a pro team cannot survive there. Why doesn't the arena in Albany want the Wildcats anymore? And...the Copperheads moving to Jacksonville? Interesting. I know the af2 wants another Jacksonville team.
I wonder if Daytona Beach will try and join the AIFA or just fold for good?[/quote]

You seem to be forgetting the multiple 7,000+ nights the Titans had. The owner just didn't have the cash. Bring in local boys and you're guaranteed some fans, make them a winning team, and you've got more. Tallahassee is football country whether it's FAMU, FSU, HS, or Arena/Indoor. Tally loves it's football.

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:38 pm

I can only post what I've heard. That doesn't mean I"m "in the know" though.

Daytona to Jacksonville.

I haven't heard anything about the Copperheads moving or not. It's business as usual until someone tells me different.

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:28 am

Buffalo AF2 expansion team? I haven't heard anything about them except for when it was announced we would have a team a few months ago. But there is some pretty good people behind the team, so who knows what will happen...

Return to “af2”