Charlotte??????

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Charlotte??????

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Don't they have a team in the NBA called......The Bobcats???? Gee Joe, you actually think you can compete with the NBA?

Wow, it gets better everyday.

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=3682540

Indianapolis, IN. The American Basketball Association (ABA) today announced that the league will return to Charlotte, NC in 2009 with the addition of a new team to be owned and operated by Nitram Enterprises, a multifunctional corporation headed by CEO Jawane Martin, President Donell Carter and Vice-President Michele Pierre. According to Joe Newman, ABA CEO, "We are very confident that a well-run organization can do very well in great North Carolina basketball country. Afterall, I just read an article - "Tickets Too Much for You? As teams continue to cater more to the corporate ticket buyer, the average family of four can't really afford to go to games anymore." NBA ticket prices have increased to an average of $47.20 per ticket. The ABA brand of exciting professional basketball at affordable prices, especially in these economic times, should be very welcome in Charlotte. And we think that Jawane, Donnel and Michele are the right people for the job."

Nitram Enterprises has three separate entities, one of which is Nitram Sports, which will own the ABA team. Another is Martin Music, a record label located in Rock Hill, SC and the third is The M.P.C. Corp which is a credit counseling business. The company also plans to expand into sports and entertainment management, TV & movie production, radio and fashion. The organization is developing a not-for-profit organization as well as a teen program, A.N.O.I.N.T.E.D, which provides counseling, encouragement and entrepreneurial programs and sports programs for kids.

CEO Jawane Martin is an aspiring music artist, executive and producer; President Donell Carter is a sporets agent and manager and played seven years of semi-pro football. VP Michele Pierre is a sports enthusiast and has a strong background in marketing and sales. "We each have our very strong points - promotion, sports, business," said Ms. Pierre. "Working together, we know that we can make this one of the best organizations in the ABA. And we have enough time to do it right. We are thrilled to be part of the league. You'll be hearing a lot about us." For more information, email michelepierre@nitramenterprise.com, or call 980 230 2272 or visit http://www.abalive.com.
Last edited by formerlyknownasfells on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:59 pm

1) Wish I could help on the job front, dude.
2) Considering the lackluster attendence for an NBA team with the backing of Michael Jordan, I'm not sure Charlotte is the right market for a minor league team in direct competition.

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:48 pm

This looks like a solid ownership.......

Looks like Joe picked another winner! I wonder when he will start adding more teams in the depleted North East? I'm sure teams will be added 2 months before the season starts like its been done in the past.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:08 pm

[quote=""LightningMan""]1) Wish I could help on the job front, dude.
2) Considering the lackluster attendence for an NBA team with the backing of Michael Jordan, I'm not sure Charlotte is the right market for a minor league team in direct competition.[/quote]

The Bobcats could run a D-League team that only plays at Bobcats Arena, open only to season ticket holders, and do better than this team.

Mark it down.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Chris : "Don't they have a team in the NBA called......The Bobcats????"

Joe : "What's the NBA?"

"CEO Jawane Martin is an aspiring music artist, executive and producer; President Donell Carter is a sporets agent (what's a sporets agent?) and manager and played seven years of semi-pro football (from one semi pro to another). VP Michele Pierre is a sports enthusiast (what does that really mean besides watches sports on TV?) and has a strong background in marketing and sales (strong background does not always mean successful). "We each have our very strong points - promotion, sports, business," said Ms. Pierre. "Working together, we know that we can make this one of the best organizations in the ABA. And we have enough time to do it right. We are thrilled to be part of the league. You'll be hearing a lot about us."
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:58 am

Joes first rule of ABA Multi-Level Marketing.............sell tryouts has found appreciative ears in Charlotte.....

http://www.nitramenterprise.com/NitramSports.html

150 per player to try out, 175 the day of the tryout.

Although I will give these guys some credit. I can't remember a team that actually had any website presence set up the day after Joe announced it. They seem to want to help out society looking around the site.

As always...............good luck down in Charlotte.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

wellington
Site Admin

Carolina???

Post by wellington » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:27 pm

According to their website, they will be called Carolina. I wonder if we'll see them play some games in Rock Hill at Winthrop Coliseum?

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Post by DazedAndAmused » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:36 pm

[quote=""wellington""]According to their website, they will be called Carolina. I wonder if we'll see them play some games in Rock Hill at Winthrop Coliseum?[/quote]

...sounds like a good idea...after all the Charlotte Krunk were so successful. This might possibly be the worst place in the country to put a minor league basketball team...when you can get $10 tix to see a Bobcats game out front.

BreakersFan
Site Admin

Post by BreakersFan » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:24 pm

Professional basketball has returned to Charlotte and San Antonio! :p

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:32 pm

[quote=""BreakersFan""]Professional basketball has returned to Charlotte and San Antonio! :p [/quote]

"Semi-Professional basketball has returned to Charlotte and San Antonio!"

Corrected it for you.
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

Return to “ABA”