Welcome to the ABA: Alaska Dream

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
tbayz1
Site Admin

Welcome to the ABA: Alaska Dream

Post by tbayz1 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:31 pm

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=3674598

This franchise has a really good name, the DREAM, because they will be nothing more than that. Travel arrangements? Yeah right, that was the case with the Hawaii teams, and look what happened with them.

This is really a great wave of expansion teams this year :rolleyes:

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Last year you had teams that didn't travel from Los Angeles to scheduled games in San Francisco! Who is going to travel up to Alaska?

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:24 pm

I think that their travel arrangements will be to tell the people at the airport that they are actually the Alaska Aces (ECHL) who can afford to buy plane tickets.

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:39 pm

"We really appreciate the ABA working with us to accomplish this."

Isn't "ABA working with us" a oxymoronic statement??

For $10,000, Joe would put a team in Atlantis.

Maybe to cut down on travel costs, they will have dog sled teams bring opponents in.

Hey, Chuck, how's old Shultz Dooley going to handle the travel to Alaska?
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:16 am

A Team In Alaska. This comes from the same F'n league that had a team in Chicago that could not afford money on the L to get to a game????
WTF. Please. Do they know how far their closest opponent will be? Even if so the ferries to Alaska from Washington get shut down many times due to the WEATHER. Congrats Joe, you're just one step closer to your end.
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

Alumni96
Site Admin

Post by Alumni96 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:40 am

Somewhere a village weeps for the loss of its idiot.

mrcool92501
Site Admin

Post by mrcool92501 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:23 pm

Ahhmmm Ahhhm Ahhhm...

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:02 pm

[quote=""TheStandard""]Even if so the ferries to Alaska from Washington get shut down many times due to the WEATHER.[/quote]

If I remember correctly, I don't even think that the Washington-Alaska ferries run during the winter (something about rough seas and ice).

Dave

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:24 pm

[quote=""dmbishop""]If I remember correctly, I don't even think that the Washington-Alaska ferries run during the winter (something about rough seas and ice).

Dave[/quote]

Just found out from my Older Brother who was stationed in Alaska, that your information is Correct. You have to drive or take the train through Canada if you're going by land. And good luck since transportation under blizzard conditions that time of year are slim to none.
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:20 pm

I just found out here is their venue:

http://www.nsbsd.org/public/North_Slope ... ool.html#5

Return to “ABA”