Elkhart or Bellingham

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
sportsnut2000
Site Admin

Elkhart or Bellingham

Post by sportsnut2000 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:04 pm

Should be a great game with Bellingham taking it at the end.

Elkhart_Fan
Site Admin

Post by Elkhart_Fan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:51 pm

OK, I'm biased....and have never seen Bellingham play -- but I would put my money on Elkhart. They are hungry for a third title...and they will do whatever it takes to get it, and possibly finish off their IBL associatation with 3 league championships in a row.

winds55
Site Admin

Post by winds55 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:30 am

I'm going for Elkhart. I may be biased, but I also know Coach Beathea is going to have the team ready and the players are going to give it every thing they have.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Well, I've seen the Bellingham all*stars play and I've seen Elkhart play. It's Elkhart easily.

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:44 pm

Well lets hope Bellingham isnt reading this but I think Elkhart also. Although homecourt advantage is always nice. Plus the time difference/travel may play a role. Also how can we forget the lovely refs. Maybe they will have a back up ref in the stands and if he doesnt like a call he can step out and change it. :rolleyes: Best luck to both. :mrgreen:

mammal
Site Admin

Post by mammal » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:45 pm

Bellingham is a very good team but Elkhart is the two time defending champ. The core of Moodie, Buie and Pledger are still playing well. Plus their bench is deep. I am a "west coast guy" but I can't pick against Elkhart. Will Lovette play for the Express? That will be a big loss if he can't play.

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:03 pm

They played two common opponents, Las Vegas and Edmonton. The Express beat the Stars in overtime at home by 4 points on 4/25.
The Slam beat essentially the same team (minus Mike Scott, plus Mike Tabb--or maybe the same guy) by 45 points a month later.

Bellingham beat the Chill on the road on consecutive nights in April by 4 and 18 points, then again in the playoffs at home by 28. The Chill were missing Knox and Hayden last week, but had Achuil Lual and Jeff Dunn.
Elkhart beat Edmonton twice at home on June 7th, by 60, and 11th, by 16, (minus Dunn, plus Shohn Williams.)

My money’s on the Slam, although it has nothing to do with Elkhart. I just like to see teams that move from the ABA do well.

acekicker
Site Admin

Vegas...

Post by acekicker » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:12 am

[quote=""turbocamyes""]They played two common opponents, Las Vegas and Edmonton. The Express beat the Stars in overtime at home by 4 points on 4/25.
The Slam beat essentially the same team (minus Mike Scott, plus Mike Tabb--or maybe the same guy) by 45 points a month later.

Bellingham beat the Chill on the road on consecutive nights in April by 4 and 18 points, then again in the playoffs at home by 28. The Chill were missing Knox and Hayden last week, but had Achuil Lual and Jeff Dunn.
Elkhart beat Edmonton twice at home on June 7th, by 60, and 11th, by 16, (minus Dunn, plus Shohn Williams.)

My money’s on the Slam, although it has nothing to do with Elkhart. I just like to see teams that move from the ABA do well.[/quote]

Yes I did see the game against Bellingham and Las Vegas. Las Vegas was a much different team than the what I saw on Comcast when they played Elkhart. Looking at the roster for Vegas against Bellingham, Mike Scott 6'5was not there, Demetrius Orme 6'4" was not there, Mohammed Camara 6'9was not there, their best player Butler played limited minutes due to an injury the previous game. You also got to remember this was Vegas' 7th game in 8 days (Bellingham not playing until the weekend before). Lot of energy spended with all the traveling they did up and down Oregon and Washinton. So you can't say this was the same team.
Going with Elkhart because of talent and experience.

CoachSavage
Site Admin

I've seen both.....

Post by CoachSavage » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:09 pm

I Coached against both this season. We played in Elkhart and lost by 2 in overtime.....and we played in Bellingham and lost by almost 50. I think this game is going to come down to the wire and Bellingham will pull it out with the home court advantage. Look for Amaya to have a HUGE game...

mammal
Site Admin

Post by mammal » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:39 pm

Coach,
How come Las Vegas did not compete in the West playoffs this season?

Return to “IBL”