IBL West Playoffs a True Joke... Officials to decide West Champion

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
homeboypla
Site Admin

IBL West Playoffs a True Joke... Officials to decide West Champion

Post by homeboypla » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:54 pm

What a piece of SH#T Playoff's - Not the Setup, Hosting team or the Presentation but the officials have done everything they can to get Michael Dulio owned teams wins - Hotshots and Portland both owned by Michael.

Edmonton was three times the team of Portland yet officials kept the game close and when ever they could give fouls to Edmonton they did. The coach from Portland was complaining the complete game and no technicals yet when the Edmonton coach dropped his clipboard a technical was called.

Edmonton escaped with a win but the other game Explosion vs Hotshots was a huge fraud. WOW IBL just pick a winner and don't have a playoff. What a joke of a league. - Explosion made it very clear that the Explosion will return but not in the IBL. "We will NEVER BE IN THE IBL" money is not a problem for the Explosion but officials and front office leadership of the IBL has the Explosion owners and front office steamed.

6 personal fouls were the differnce but 12 fouls called on the Explosion in the forth quarter to 4 from the Hotshots is a joke in a playoff game.

Owners look to go someplace else fans talk with your teams to still play but in something different. The IBL is a Shame and Michael is a scam artest.
Last edited by homeboypla on Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Elkhart_Fan
Site Admin

Post by Elkhart_Fan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:15 pm

This is the same thing that happend to the Elkhart Express in last year's playoffs here in the East. The officals were so one-sided that even the most novice of a basketball fan could see it.....it was the worst example of officiating I'd ever seen.

Not to be out done, even the finals were a joke with the officiating, as a crucial fourth quarter break-away foul wasn't called until the alternate offical came off the bench to let the officals on the floor know they got the call wrong. And Dulio just sat at the scoresbench with a smile on his face.

Certain teams, Dulio's "teams" are the only teams that will be left in this league if eveything falls into place next season....Sorry to hear what's happening in the West, but I'm not surprised at all....

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:41 am

Last poster sorry but just the fact you say an official actually came off the press table to change a call (which should never happen in any league) is very shady to me. An alternate official is only there if another official is hurt etc... Now, if anyone thinks that an alternate offical can come off the press table and change a call then you would have to agree that he should have been coming out onto the floor any time that he felt a different call should have been made. Where was he in the first, second and third quarters. Why did he decide to come out from the table only when the game was on the line at the very end.

Elkhart_Fan
Site Admin

Post by Elkhart_Fan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:18 am

I see what you are saying, and to a certain degree I agree with you --- but I have it from very credible sources that his coming onto the court actually was to get the call right, which I think everyone wanted. (Maybe even he saw how bad the on-court officals were doing?)

After the game, several Portland players agreed that the on-court officals had the call wrong....and in the end, didn't change the winner of the game, but was just an example of how poor officiating should have no place in deciding a game.

I can only tell you that Dulio HATED to hand over the trophy, (which was really cheesy), to Coach Beathea.....

Hopefully the games in the West went better today - just sorry to hear this sort of thing is still happening...

winds55
Site Admin

Post by winds55 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:54 pm

Sooooo - who IS in the West final today?

Elkhart Express and Battle Creek Knights in the East - we won't have Shawn Kemp (but it's amusing to see such excitement in the west for someone from Elkhart) but we WILL have great basketball.

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:42 pm

I am curious to hear also. I really think Bellingham will do good. Its really to bad what happend in the East. I really think it would of been Gary/Elkhart today. What a great game that would of been. I think Elgin would of been in it today had they had their top scorer last night. But good he was in camp so hopefully he wont have to come back to this league. :rolleyes:

winds55
Site Admin

Post by winds55 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:05 am

Sooooooooo, did Bellingham or Vancouver win?

Elkhart did, just in case you were wondering. No blood was shed.

Elkhart_Fan
Site Admin

Post by Elkhart_Fan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:15 am

No blood - but a gutsy performance by Lovette, who was nursing a partially torn calf muscle.

Bellingham, congratulations....you won the West, but now you've got to try to unseed the back-to-back champs, which is more easier said than done....

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Elkhart's Byron Allen?

Post by PikevilleOT » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:17 am

[quote=""Elkhart_Fan""]No blood - but a gutsy performance by Lovette, who was nursing a partially torn calf muscle.

Bellingham, congratulations....you won the West, but now you've got to try to unseed the back-to-back champs, which is more easier said than done....[/quote]

For Elkhart, How much playing time is Byron Allen getting? scoring average? rebounds per game? just checking up on his season...

thanks for any info!

winds55
Site Admin

Post by winds55 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:27 am

Elkhart Fan - yes, Lovette did put on a gutsy performance. I hope the loud cheers he got everytime he made a play let him know just how much we appreciate him.

Pikeville - I'll see if I can get some stats for you. I do know that he played a heck of a game today against Duke Cleveland. The match-up got rather heated at times, but Duke has shown a bit of a temper when playing against Elkhart before.

Return to “IBL”