Marco Morgan and the CHILL standing in quicksand that is falling in around them.

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
homeboypla
Site Admin

Marco Morgan and the CHILL standing in quicksand that is falling in around them.

Post by homeboypla » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:22 am

Wow the Chill lost to Tacoma and now sit in forth place tommmrow for the tournamnet. I guess that the Chill can only win with the Home Town Ref's. Troy owner was not even at the game I sat next to both Redwine and Moss at Tacoma -- O yes they are both coming back next season to coach and said that they do not expect to be the in the IBL but a new league...

Key was that the ownership of all the teams will be in charge of the league. So instead of Newman and Dulio just making up there own rules this is setup like NBA with ownership running a minor league. Seams like this is a great idea. Will Elkhart and Gary both join on the East Coast?

Elkhart_Fan
Site Admin

Post by Elkhart_Fan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:31 am

Bet on it....

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Keep the rest of us informed.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

Elkhart_Fan
Site Admin

Post by Elkhart_Fan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:35 pm

I don't know about Gary (aka a train-wreck of a team), but it would only make sense from Elkhart's perspective to switch to another league that at least has SOME potential. Sure, they have won back to back championships, (and possibly a third), but with the continued problems this league has -- and problems that won't be addressed by Dulio, they HAVE to do something else.

The series of events that took play this week with regard to the playoffs have left Elkhart fans sore. They aren't mad at Elkhart, as there was nothing Elkhart could do about what happened....but you can be sure that Elkhart fans aren't putting a great deal of faith in ANYTHING that the IBL does, which in turn can only hurt Elkhart. In the end, Elkhart becomes a victem in all of this -- do look for them to make the switch, if for nothing else, to keep their fan base from being destroyed.

winds55
Site Admin

Post by winds55 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Elkhart switching leagues is only going to make sense if there are enough local (Midwest) teams to make a season possible. The Express Nation travels, but there are limits. Elkhart and 6 teams out west won't work unless those 6 teams are planning on making lots of trips East.

Elkhart_Fan
Site Admin

Post by Elkhart_Fan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:42 pm

Winds -- Definately agree that the new league will need a strong Eastern presence in order for this to work....

MJHankel
Site Admin

Post by MJHankel » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:58 pm

[quote=""Elkhart_Fan""]I don't know about Gary (aka a train-wreck of a team)[/quote]

Well, I have only one problem with what you said, the team was great, they shouldn't be blaimed. The ownership completely left the team and the east hanging. They completely destroyed the credibility of basketball in Gary this season. The team was fantastic though.

As ken has pointed out in another thread. The city mayor has given his blessing for basketball in Gary next year and with how f'd up politics are in Gary that pretty much means the city will attempt to fund a team if it has to. It has funded the team for years under the table anyway.

It is really quite sad. The Genesis Center is a great place to watch basketball. The team even gets pretty incredible support when you take into account the complete ineptitude of the ownership. Zero promotion, and when you are competing with a well promoted baseball team you need to promote at least remotely. Basketball could actually do pretty well in Gary with better ownership. I mean as it is, this past season they averaged a better attendance then most minor league basketball teams.

Return to “IBL”