IBL Lies or Michael Dulio Mistatemets

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
homeboypla
Site Admin

IBL Lies or Michael Dulio Mistatemets

Post by homeboypla » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:49 pm

I am sure that people have story's of things promised and then pulled from the teams or people. I am courious if some of the teams are told one thing and other teams get told the same.

One that I was told was that the IBL was going to send the Explosion players to the All Star game and then the team had to tell the players that the IBL pulled this.

Elkhart_Fan
Site Admin

Post by Elkhart_Fan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:09 pm

I definately hear that kind of thing happening here in the East. Seems that Commish plays teams against teams, and that there is definately a double and sometimes triple standard that he uses when dealing with his teams.

I think that if you keep Dulio talking long enough, you'll find that he can't tell the truth. I'm sure that we're at a point where the owners have talked, compared notes, and things just aren't adding up.

Time for a change.

homeboypla
Site Admin

Explosin Ownership 50-50 to return to the IBL

Post by homeboypla » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:42 am

Did you hear that the IBL Western Conference has Shawn Kemp Coming to the game on Friday. - I guess they wanted to charge per kid to increase attendance. (JK) It is a great idea and I will be there either way but that is a nice deal to see the 4 time NBA player at the Explosion Game as they put on a true class act in the week ran and orginized IBL.

Explosion ownership is 50/50 on coming back next year and does anyone think they should or jump ship to the NABL I guess. North Americian Basketball League.

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Post by DazedAndAmused » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:01 am

[quote=""homeboypla""]Did you hear that the IBL Western Conference has Shawn Kemp Coming to the game on Friday. - I guess they wanted to charge per kid to increase attendance. (JK) It is a great idea and I will be there either way but that is a nice deal to see the 4 time NBA player at the Explosion Game as they put on a true class act in the week ran and orginized IBL.

Explosion ownership is 50/50 on coming back next year and does anyone think they should or jump ship to the NABL I guess. North Americian Basketball League.[/quote]

Is anybody really surpirsed by this? These are not new issues to the IBL. Teams have had trouble. Teams play unequal numbers of games. They play in high school gyms. Players are paid little to nothing. Some players "tolerate" this because there is nothing else to do (for those who can't play in South America, PR, or abroad). Others work in the summer rather than opting for the IBL. The gaps are filled by other players who don't have the skills to play beyond a summer league. The IBL, right down to the prospectus, is a "budget league." When you are a budget league, you get budget performance. Nothing wrong with that, but don't seem surprised when these issues arise. Leagues need to be run/owned collectively by the teams, otherwise there will be constant questions of what the league "owner" is doing with league dues and fees.

winds55
Site Admin

Post by winds55 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:31 am

The IBL, right down to the prospectus, is a "budget league." When you are a budget league, you get budget performance.
I hope by "budget performance" you are referring to the league's management, and not the players. I've seen nothing but teams playing their best at all the games I've been to, both home and away. And the players are talented - maybe not big enough, strong enough, or consistent enough for the NBA, but talented and working their hardest.

Elkhart_Fan
Site Admin

Post by Elkhart_Fan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:33 am

Winds - I agree with your observations....I've been impressed with many of the players that I've seen both home and away. NBA - no, good baskball - yes.

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Post by DazedAndAmused » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:46 am

[quote=""winds55""]I hope by "budget performance" you are referring to the league's management, and not the players. I've seen nothing but teams playing their best at all the games I've been to, both home and away. And the players are talented - maybe not big enough, strong enough, or consistent enough for the NBA, but talented and working their hardest.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong. There are good players in the IBL. (No, they cannot match man for man against the CBA or other leagues as some others have tried to say in other threads.) There are also some players in the IBL who couldn't make it in the winter leagues. There is nothing wrong with that. It is a summer league and there is a place and need for summer leagues. Some of the better minor league players opt out of playing in the summer because:

1. pay is very little and they make more money working elsewhere
2. they're healing in the off season
3. there are better opportunities abroad in the summer

The IBL needs to avoid trying to compare itself with other leagues, concentrate on the niche it fills, and otherwise ensure its teams can meet their obligations. If teams can't do it on an IBL budget, then there is a serious problem in the IBL application approval process.

Return to “IBL”