The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
The Sweeper
Site Admin

Takers announce try-out camp

Post by The Sweeper » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:37 pm

http://www.abalive.com/news/releases/?n ... 8062506001

HOUSTON TAKERS ANNOUNCE FIRST TRYOUT CAMP
25-Jun-2008
Houston, TX. The ABA Houston Takers today announced that they will hold their first Tryout Camp for the upcoming season on Saturday and Sunday, July 19th and 20th.

"It has been a real treat to see how interested players have been all spring and summer so far," stated former NBA star and Houston Takers coach Orlando Woolridge, "and we can't wait to see what this offseason is going to bring."

Woolridge added, "This year, you must RSVP your application and there will be a limit to only 150 players. A DVD of your workout will be available to every player who has registered and there will be scouts from all over in attendance. This will be a good chance to work out with me and other NBA greats such as Robert Reid, Moses Malone and Patrick Pellerin."

Registration will be $150. You can obtain the application form or ask questions by emailing houstontakers@yahoo.com. The registration form and money order should be sent to Houston Takers, 6340 N. Eldridge #1-207, Houston TX 77067.

For more information, call 877-407-1199 or visit http://www.houstontakers.com.
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:43 pm

1 - where's Larry? No mention anywhere....
2 - their 'website' is just a photo slideshow. Where is the myspace page?
3 - a yahoo address? They have been around now for three years...
4 - are these players invited, or are they signing up? How does one RSVP an application?

5 - do they know about the mold??????
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Orlando Woolridge, huh? That was a surprise. That's a pretty hefty number for a try-out...150 people. How in the world are they going to get a good luck at everyone if 150 people are there? There's no way!!! Not like 150 people are going to show up, but I'm just saying...I don't think there's 150 people in the US with $150 extra laying around with this economy anyway!

Yeah, what happened to Larry? Has anyone checked out his myspace page lately? I don't have it...
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:44 pm

Larry is fine. More than fine. He is letting Orlando do all the work right now. Larry is doing his own thing, just putting up the money.
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:22 pm

[quote=""TheStandard""]Larry is fine. More than fine. He is letting Orlando do all the work right now. Larry is doing his own thing, just putting up the money.[/quote]

I give the franchise a week into the season before they fold yet again.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:29 pm

[quote=""formerlyknownasfells""]I give the franchise a week into the season before they fold yet again.[/quote]

Thats the case for many others too ;) Honestly, I thought the Takers were dead last season after there Singapore trip, I'm surprised they are attempting to go another season.

We need to have another folding game when the season comes around

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:55 pm

[quote=""tbayz1""]Thats the case for many others too ;) Honestly, I thought the Takers were dead last season after there Singapore trip, I'm surprised they are attempting to go another season.

We need to have another folding game when the season comes around[/quote]

Well, tbayz, you posted this in another thread...

"ABA will now play a 30 game schedule, and with over 40 teams..."

Was it supposed to read "ABA will noy play a 3 game schedule with over 4 teams...."?

It would be more realistic, since the ABA normally multiplies everything by 10 to try to make themselves look legit...
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:06 pm

[quote=""formerlyknownasfells""]I give the franchise a week into the season before they fold yet again.[/quote]

Hey may fold it even without a game. he may go to the all texas league.
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

cglue
Site Admin

Wusup fellas

Post by cglue » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:59 pm

[quote=""zeke41""]Orlando Woolridge, huh? That was a surprise. That's a pretty hefty number for a try-out...150 people. How in the world are they going to get a good luck at everyone if 150 people are there? There's no way!!! Not like 150 people are going to show up, but I'm just saying...I don't think there's 150 people in the US with $150 extra laying around with this economy anyway!

Yeah, what happened to Larry? Has anyone checked out his myspace page lately? I don't have it...[/quote]

We had about 90 guys last year in camp and really expect a good showing this year. This time around its more agents, scouts and other coaches involved.

I just been real busy on some other things guys, Im still here. But if you really want to reach out to me just email me.
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

cglue
Site Admin

hmmmm!!!!!!

Post by cglue » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:05 pm

I have never folded bro. If you want to know something about last year and anything. Be like Paul and call me ask me, dont asume, thats when people get in trouble.

Im raising a fuss Fells, just being informative bro. You should know me by now, I answer you direct and honest, thats my history on here even. You rubbed me wrong last year when you told me the reason that I didnt make the NY trip and when it comes down to my family, it gets real serious with me. Call me bro. Im here.
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

Return to “ABA”