Regionals

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
sportsnut2000
Site Admin

Regionals

Post by sportsnut2000 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:35 am

So does anyone know what teams are playing in the eastern playoffs.No doubt Elkhart will win the east but who will win the west?

mammal
Site Admin

Post by mammal » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:59 pm

Elkhart, BC, Elgin, Grand Rapids, Gary, Windy City are playing in the East. My IBL playoff preview will be posted tomorrow, maybe even later today.

The IBL will be back in 2009 and it will be just fine. This is the minors...teams will come and go no matter how good the league is. Duilio is a good commissioner and the IBL is a good league. It's not un heard of for teams to be disgrunteld. It's the minors for gosh sakes! The talent in the IBL gets better every year.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:18 pm

[quote=""mammal""]Elkhart, BC, Elgin, Grand Rapids, Gary, Windy City are playing in the East. My IBL playoff preview will be posted tomorrow, maybe even later today.

The IBL will be back in 2009 and it will be just fine. This is the minors...teams will come and go no matter how good the league is. Duilio is a good commissioner and the IBL is a good league. It's not un heard of for teams to be disgrunteld. It's the minors for gosh sakes! The talent in the IBL gets better every year.[/quote]

I don't put much stock into teams switching to other leagues either. There aren't enough reasons for doing so out there. Sounds like people making up stuff again.

homeboypla
Site Admin

Teams staying in the IBL??

Post by homeboypla » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:58 pm

REALLY?? We will see about that.

:)

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:09 am

When a commsioner doesnt reveal his financial statements to the owners or have owners meetings that right there is enough for owners to switch leagues. These owners have no idea where their money is going. For a comminsioner to promote not paying players you will see a decline in talent.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:19 pm

[quote=""balling2008""]When a commsioner doesnt reveal his financial statements to the owners or have owners meetings that right there is enough for owners to switch leagues. These owners have no idea where their money is going. For a comminsioner to promote not paying players you will see a decline in talent.[/quote]

Owners' meetings?!? I hope the owners all have Internet access. Email is a lot less expensive than traveling to central locations for face-to-face meetings. Isn't this supposed to be a low-cost league? Sounds like a lot of scapegoating is going on. If situations with other teams are similar to the situation in Gary, then ownership has no one to blame except themselves.

Has Duilio promoted not paying players? I don't know, has he?. I do know that one of the best players in the east (which means one of the best players in the league), slam-dunk champion Chris Wesby, has been playing for exposure only the entire season.

balling2008
Site Admin

Post by balling2008 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Yes I am sure the owners have internet access :rolleyes: but that doesnt mean as owners their input counts. Meetings via internet whatever would be nice I am sure. Low cost league is a unstatement. I just wonder what the $23,000 year league fee is for? Yes I have several emails from owners/Duil that he says not to pay players or coaches. As far as guys playing for free that is crazy!!! Exposure for free in a joke league is not a good thing. IMO :mrgreen:

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:20 pm

[quote=""balling2008""]Yes I am sure the owners have internet access :rolleyes: but that doesnt mean as owners their input counts. Meetings via internet whatever would be nice I am sure. Low cost league is a unstatement. I just wonder what the $23,000 year league fee is for? Yes I have several emails from owners/Duil that he says not to pay players or coaches. As far as guys playing for free that is crazy!!! Exposure for free in a joke league is not a good thing. IMO :mrgreen: [/quote]

$23,000?!? Is THAT the annual league fee?!? That's not a heckava lot of money. Owners need to look within themselves for solutions. They might find the answers to some of their problems. I saw what happened in Gary this spring and simple mistakes were made. No one even bothered to ask season ticket holders to renew at the beginning of the season. A lot of season ticket holders that were around since 2000 did not renew (although pricing may have had something to do with it too). Simple errors like that and not using the video scoreboard to advertise.

Elkhart_Fan
Site Admin

Post by Elkhart_Fan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Ken - I see your points...and you may think Dulio is an OK commissioner.....but I can tell you this - he doesn't have the support of the owners. You can blame the owners, but I happen to live in a city that has a GREAT owner, knows how to run a class organization -- and still has a great deal of problems with Dulio, so is he to blame? I don't think so.

Sure, mistakes will be made, but Dulio makes the same mistake again and again -- and just plain doesn't learn from anything.

As for your $23K isn't a lot of money -- how much should a team have to pay to play in this league? I have no idea why it's so much? The pay the ref peanuts, the web site is so-so, they don't offer insurance for players -- so where is all the money going? And it gets even stranger when he won't report where money is going.....

Whether you like it or not....time is up for good ole' Dulio.

Return to “IBL”