More of a fog than Rain

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

More of a fog than Rain

Post by a1sports » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:30 pm

No league wants to go to Halifax, then at the eleventh hour the PBL and Halifax strike a deal? Seems like Halifax needed a league ASAP, why? Im trying to find out ( it sure isnt just for the fans of Halifax). Also there is NO way the D-league is ever going to go to Halifax, Andre is spinning a good one there....The truth will surely come out.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:51 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]No league wants to go to Halifax, then at the eleventh hour the PBL and Halifax strike a deal? Seems like Halifax needed a league ASAP, why? Im trying to find out ( it sure isnt just for the fans of Halifax). Also there is NO way the D-league is ever going to go to Halifax, Andre is spinning a good one there....The truth will surely come out.[/quote]

I have to disagree with you here. As you well know, Halifax had tremendous fan support and were one of the better run organizations in minor league basketball. There had been rumors for quite sometime that Halifax would go to the PBL, so I really don't think this was a "11th hour deal".

Andre knows what he is doing and I believe is doing the best for his investment and the City of Halifax. He has a good thing going and sitting out a year would kill the momentum they have.

Not everything is a conspiracy.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:56 pm

A1Sports= The Aids Virus of Minor League Basketball. Anything good or bad he lays upon it, festers it and kills it.
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

heatht
Site Admin

Post by heatht » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:24 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]No league wants to go to Halifax, then at the eleventh hour the PBL and Halifax strike a deal? Seems like Halifax needed a league ASAP, why? Im trying to find out ( it sure isnt just for the fans of Halifax). Also there is NO way the D-league is ever going to go to Halifax, Andre is spinning a good one there....The truth will surely come out.[/quote]

People make a big deal about how far Halifax is but its a 1 and 1/2 hour flight from Boston. Halifax must have agreed to pay all travel costs. But its easy to fly to Boston and then to Halifax. They also fly direct to other major cities.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:28 pm

[quote=""TheStandard""]A1Sports= The Aids Virus of Minor League Basketball. Anything good or bad he lays upon it, festers it and kills it.[/quote]

If it is good, he finds a problem. If it is bad, he tries to make it worse.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:17 am

[quote=""formerlyknownasfells""]If it is good, he finds a problem. If it is bad, he tries to make it worse.[/quote]

a1sports=Oliver Stone??
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

misenern
Site Admin

Post by misenern » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Levingston has been talking with PBL officials for several months. Despite knowing the Rainmen were desperately trying to join the D-League, the PBL was ready to accept Halifax should the D-League effort not work out. It was good business by the PBL to take that position. It now adds another strong franchise. And it’s fortunate for the Rainmen that the PBL held that attitude.
http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Sports/1064000.html

Not last minute. That should clear some things up.

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Post by DazedAndAmused » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:15 am

[quote=""misenern""]http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Sports/1064000.html

Not last minute. That should clear some things up.[/quote]

I still just don't believe this is a good plan for Halifax or the PBL, unless the PBL is formally cooperating with the Dleague (assuming of course that we all believe Halifax is going to the Dleague) or unless Halifax doesn't meet the Dleague expansion criteria (which one "insider" tells me he plans to post details of here..i can't confirm personally), but doesn't want to make that public (which would be understandable to save face.)

You simply can't aspire to be in both leagues...their models, goals, and reasons for existing are too different. If you think you want one, then the other cannot make sense to you, even as an alternative to taking a year off.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:51 am

Face it, DandA, Halifax is now in the PBL. You don't have to be, but, personally, I'm happy for the Rainmen and their fans that they are playing again this year.

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:44 am

This sports writer in Halifax is as accurate as a weatherman. Halifax and the PBL have NOT been talking for the past few months. If they were talking then at the PBL meeting in Chicago A few weeks ago, Doyle would not have said... " we were contacted by Halifax but declined them because of there geographic location" HMMMM so two weeks later they are in? Its because Andre needed a place to play desperately, his spin that the D -league was interested didnt wash, Andre cut a deal, which probably means that Halifax will pay all travel costs for PBL teams to come to play there. Its that simple. There will NEVER be a d-league team in Halifax. AND I will still make calls to see WHY it was so so important to have a team in Halifax this year. It smells of desperation......

Return to “PBL”