Its over..turn the lights off on the way out

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

Its over..turn the lights off on the way out

Post by a1sports » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:59 pm

From a coach in the CBA:

"We have no league because we cant play with 4 teams"
Apparently at the CBA owners meeting, lots of screaming and dissent. Some teams gone to the PBL others have no money.

Turn-off the lights Isiah on the way out.( again)

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:16 am

[quote=""a1sports""]From a coach in the CBA:

"We have no league because we cant play with 4 teams"
Apparently at the CBA owners meeting, lots of screaming and dissent. Some teams gone to the PBL others have no money.

Turn-off the lights Isiah on the way out.( again)[/quote]

Good insider info..... not asking who the coach is.... but what are the 4 teams he was referring to,,,, what teams did he imply/say are in the PBL now?

Precious Roy
Site Admin

Post by Precious Roy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:46 am

If I had a guess, the four teams would be Lawton-Fort Sill, Albany, Minot and Rio Grande Valley with Pitt and EK switching to the PBL.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:36 am

Ordinarilly, I'd discredit what a-1 says. But given the lack of information in a while, I can actually imagine it happening, especially since there has been no news of the recent meeting.

Aaronhere
Site Admin

Post by Aaronhere » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:38 pm

My heart is saddened by this development. I simply do not see where the PBL is going to do better in the long run.

I raise a toast to Jim Drucker, Jay Ramsdell, and the rest who made the CBA what it was, and spit on the memory of Isaiah Thomas, who destroyed the CBA.
America's Real Team
http://www.packershistory.net

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:49 pm

If you remember where the CBA was when Isiah bought it, not simply folded it, you might catch on that a decline had already taken place.

Doesn't mean Isiah isn't an idiot. In fact, this makes him moreso. Isiah only accelerated a decline. (It could be argued that the decline could have been reversed, I suppose, but I have my doubts.)

Nobody comes out smelling like a rose this summer. The majors are turning cartwheels trying to sell season tickets. Never mind the CBA and other leagues' arguments for a moment... it's FUGLY out there. It really is.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:24 pm

Despite the bleak picture, I'm not ready to call it quits on the CBA yet. Although it's been a while since any kind of news has been heard from the league, the teams will be playing somewhere. I feel any news to the contrary will be a disappointment to the fans who are attending the summer camps.
I still say that every team would have a good rivalry with at least some of the teams in the PBL, if all else fails.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:00 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]If you remember where the CBA was when Isiah bought it, not simply folded it, you might catch on that a decline had already taken place.

Doesn't mean Isiah isn't an idiot. In fact, this makes him moreso. Isiah only accelerated a decline. (It could be argued that the decline could have been reversed, I suppose, but I have my doubts.)

Nobody comes out smelling like a rose this summer. The majors are turning cartwheels trying to sell season tickets. Never mind the CBA and other leagues' arguments for a moment... it's FUGLY out there. It really is.[/quote]

It's across the board.

I was at a well-attended dog show yesterday (yes, I'm diverse...lol). My breeder friend told me that the show would probably be bigger, but so many people can no longer afford to show their dogs.

I often wonder if people remember the CBA was already in trouble when Isiah Thomas took over. Revisionist history has Thomas simply as the person who ruined the CBA instead of the person who tried to save it.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Well if the CBA folds, where will coach Daleo Go? Clearly one of the best coaches in all of minorleague basketball, and one of the winningest coaches in the history of the CBA.

In fact his former player and former assistant Latroy Farrow now is the head coach In Quad cities in the PBL, and had good success in his 1st year as a head coach.

Maybe Daleo will be the VP of basketball Opeations for Quad Cities.

That would be Tom Mcginn Owner, Chris Daleo V.P of basketball operations, Latroy Farrow as head Coach,, that looks like a team that no one in the PBL would be able to beat!

FrontOffice
Site Admin

Post by FrontOffice » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:34 pm

Thanks Coach Daleo for the update on your career.

Return to “CBA”