ABA to return to Kansas City, MO

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:46 pm

[quote=""bomp""]I'm sure that AEG is all excited about this!! ;) [/quote]

I'm sure they're peeing in their pants — from laughter.

My question is — what jr. high gym or rec center are they looking to play at.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:22 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]Please forgive me for spoiling your fun with facts. It's not like I disagree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Batinovich

It's not like the lady isn't networked, for that matter.

Looks like they'll play a 4th year in Portland, anyway.

Image[/quote]

How many strokes has she had?
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:40 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]How many strokes has she had?[/quote]
She can be my boss any damn day
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

TEN
Site Admin

Post by TEN » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:51 pm

[quote=""nksports""]I'm sure they're peeing in their pants — from laughter.

My question is — what jr. high gym or rec center are they looking to play at.[/quote]

Well, the Sprint Center is a brand new building that is looking for a tenant. Should be big enough (18,000 seats) to handle most crowds that an ABA team would bring in. On those nights when they draw more than 18,000 they could get games broadcast on Metro Sports that everybody in the metro area could see.

I think it is a WIN-WIN for both Kansas City and the ABA.

The Sky is the Limit!

I will be in Kansas City this weekend and I will gauge the excitement level in the Kansas City metro area. I'll let everyone know!

JAKMAN
Site Admin

Post by JAKMAN » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:55 pm

Well, joe and the ABA got off their duffs and went back to one of the few places that they found success, but with a 29 year old owner and a down economy. This can't be good.

BTW, whatever happened to Jim Clark? There is still a website with the KC Knights logo on it, but not much activity.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:20 am

Before folding, the Knights were at a smaller arena in the American Royal complex. They claimed they were coming back when a new arena was built in Overland Park, but that project was canceled.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:21 am

[quote=""TEN""]Well, the Sprint Center is a brand new building that is looking for a tenant. Should be big enough (18,000 seats) to handle most crowds that an ABA team would bring in. On those nights when they draw more than 18,000 they could get games broadcast on Metro Sports that everybody in the metro area could see.

I think it is a WIN-WIN for both Kansas City and the ABA.

The Sky is the Limit!

I will be in Kansas City this weekend and I will gauge the excitement level in the Kansas City metro area. I'll let everyone know![/quote]

You are kidding, right?
The playland at my local Supermarket has enough seats to host most ABA teams.
(..and has a nerf hoop, and chalkboard {For scorekeeping})
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:28 am

[quote=""tops804""]You are kidding, right?
The playland at my local Supermarket has enough seats to host most ABA teams.
(..and has a nerf hoop, and chalkboard {For scorekeeping})[/quote]

What are you going to use for the 3-D lights?
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:42 am

Tops - Yes Ten is kidding. He was a part of a USBL team for many years and saw the slow-at-first then rapidly-rising effect the ABA has had on minor league hoops across the country.

Jakman - Jim Clark was on this board about 14 days ago indicating that if there was indeed a big lawsuit by the numerous ex-owners he'd like to be contacted in order to participate.

Sam Hill - she is marrying one of her lacrosse players. Its also daddys money, not that it matters, she can be my boss.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

outsmart
Site Admin

Kansas City KNIGHTS

Post by outsmart » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:28 pm

We were in business five years and four seasons in Kansas City and were prepared to continue until the Overland Park Arena project was cancelled by a new mayor and city council.

I called Milto Thomas today and left a message. I wish him well - our old website that we created the shell for - http://www.knightball.com - is still up but we never loaded it fully.

The issue in KC is a venue - we won a championship and had a great record on the court - and 16 NBA callups - but could never get a venue to work for us - Kemper was too large and then Hale was inadequate.

We wish the ABA luck in KC - the costs are way down so perhaps it can work this time in terms of a business.

Jim Clark

Return to “ABA”