2008 IBL All*Star Game

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Ken, I just wanted to issue my congratulations to you on your foam finger.

Can you send pictures?

OK, semi-seriously, I think psbf has reasons for his foam finger, and we may never understand them. With you, I can sense a wrestling over a low-drag league in a not-quite-low-rent facility, which means I can see why you're trying to "sell," so to speak. I admire your efforts, I hope it works... it's tough to bet for it, however. Good luck.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:11 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]Ken, I just wanted to issue my congratulations to you on your foam finger.

Can you send pictures?

OK, semi-seriously, I think psbf has reasons for his foam finger, and we may never understand them. With you, I can sense a wrestling over a low-drag league in a not-quite-low-rent facility, which means I can see why you're trying to "sell," so to speak. I admire your efforts, I hope it works... it's tough to bet for it, however. Good luck.[/quote]

Funny you mentioned the foam finger. A story comes with it. LOL.

I wore my authentic Steelheads jersey to the game and I guess this hot (groupie?) chick thought I was some sort of aging point guard waiting my turn in the 3-point shooting contest or something. Well, she kept giving me the eye and the ole smile...she kept that up until she noticed I was armed with a dorky big foam fan finger and that the equally aging woman behind me was my wife. True story.

...well, it's true except for the foam finger. Don't own one. I've got some Thunder Stix though. 8)

homeboypla
Site Admin

SO Explosion Organization gets it right -- North vs South --

Post by homeboypla » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:32 am

Again the Explosion Organization does 1000% better then most minor league do in hosting an All Star or Playoff event. Good Job Brad. This should be the official and only IBL All Star Game. North VS South has a great ring.
First they have a Sponsor, second they have a Logo, third they have tickets on sale three weeks before the event, and fourth they have Local NBA Stars of the PAST - SONICS - coaching the All Star Game.

Side NOTE: Fifth they have great showdowns of the Western teams, and the price for tickets is just $30.00 for an all Tournament Pass.
http://www.explosionbasketball.net/leag ... gueID=6887

Now the question is who do root for if my old boys (Explosion) go against my new boys (Slam) in one of these games?

That is the tough question!

winds55
Site Admin

Post by winds55 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:39 am

First, let me congratulate you on your ability to copy and paste. The same post on three threads strikes me as just a bit excessive, though.

Why you would think this North vs South (aka Best of the Best who are in the West) game should be the IBL ALL-Star game is beyond me. This game will be missing the 5 of the top 11 scorers, 3 of the top 5 rebounders, and 5 of the top 10 assist leaders. There will be no players from the team with the best record (Elkhart Express). While it's likely it will be a fun game to watch, it is in no way representative of the best players in all the IBL. The official All-Star game in Gary had a logo - I couldn't tell you about sponsors or how early they started selling tickets, as I'm in Elkhart, not Gary. You do know that the reason all those 'best' players will be there is because of the playoff, right? Not because it's the great All-Star game.

If you want to see a well-run championship tournament, come to Elkhart. We have sponsors and a logo and I bet we have better attendance. The home team fans come early and cheer on the teams in the early games, too, not just their home team. And I couldn't tell you how much I paid for my East playoff tickets - since I bought them weeks ago.

By the way - North vs South has been done - back in the 1860's. The North won. Some folks in the South are still using their old logo, however.
Last edited by winds55 on Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:53 pm

OOooooo, I'll help kick it with a Midwest-West fight. Yes!

What's this West Coast Flyers team. Why Olympia? Is Dulilo the "owner" of these?

In attempting to prop up the west, will he kill the whole league off by redirecting resources to the wrong place?

Or is the Midwest a bit, um, too "stoic" for trying to make the big bucks there? Is 3,000 a night in Elkhart any real help?

(FOOD FIGHT!!!)
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Return to “IBL”