For the lack of money;Clean House Jeff and Eric

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:07 pm

Lol, you guys are in denial about yourselves.Neither of you know the meaning of having skin in the game. You cant get what i am talking about because you are both broke.You tried to start your own rinky dink league against Jeff and eric. You are both jokes.lol.... Thats it, you broke and a joke.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:26 am

[quote=""blanketman""]Lol, you guys are in denial about yourselves.Neither of you know the meaning of having skin in the game. You cant get what i am talking about because you are both broke.You tried to start your own rinky dink league against Jeff and eric. You are both jokes.lol.... Thats it, you broke and a joke.[/quote]

Well, perception is reality, and the "go against them" theory certainly was the perception (though not the reality), so you for once have something there. Granted, I'm nowhere near broke, but I certainly don't have the coin needed to go run an indoor football team.

Of course, I don't go bragging about my net worth when I meet new people, either...or about anything else I've done in my life. But maybe arrogance comes with age. I am only 26, after all.

Good luck in your transition to the AIFL. Hopefully they decide to do something beyond the Haines/Shiver hybrid the league has become.
What are you doing here?

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:43 am

Remember who haines had as interns. Take a guess.....? I have never brought forth my net worth to anyone. You exit on the other hand continue to bash people. The problem is you dont know what you are talking about on the money side. You have never had any money into the sport. Nor have you played for any team . I agree with you on many points ;however, your arrogance and ignorance makes you as classless as the people you bash. Congratulations and welcome to the club. You are right about your age it is young at 26...
Last edited by blanketman on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:22 am

[quote=""Tatonka""]... the bush league stuff the AIFA does...[/quote]
hahaha, ALL the ABC leagues are bush league.
Look it up.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:26 am

[quote=""The 8th Man""]
I would like the CIFL to drop the number of teams if that is what it takes to get soldi ownership. [/quote]
How can the Spit Bros. live on LESS teams?
Isn't that how they make their salaries? By getting
the up front money from new franchises?
Limiting the teams would probably mean higher annual
dues for the ones remaining, you sure they'll pay it?

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:28 am

[quote=""Tatonka""]
Go away Bob... and please leave indoor football way behind. It will be better off without people like you.[/quote]
No it won't. We need MORE rogue owners to
keep this stuff interesting. Who says folks
like you and I only get to be the jackasses?

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:34 am

[quote=""blanketman""]
... you broke and a joke.[/quote]
Ha, a wily owner AND a poet.
How could you not like this guy?

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:38 am

[quote=""blanketman""]
...however, your arrogance and ignorance makes you as classless as the people you bash. [/quote]
Umm. Bob? I think you just "zinged" yourself.
But hey, I for one am going to miss you and
Mac and yes, all the Raiduhs.

I guess we'll just have to rely on DePaul now
for the comic relief... which really ain't that bad.
Last edited by Bruiser on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling

Surgefan
Site Admin

Post by Surgefan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:06 pm

[quote=""blanketman""]Remember who haines had as interns. Take a guess.....? I have never brought forth my net worth to anyone. You exit on the other hand continue to bash people. The problem is you dont know what you are talking about on the money side. You have never had any money into the sport. Nor have you played for any team . I agree with you on many points ;however, your arrogance and ignorance makes you as classless as the people you bash. Congratulations and welcome to the club. You are right about your age it is young at 26...[/quote]

I'm glad you finally admit to being classless. :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:
Getting ready to say "good-bye" to the CIFL

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:17 am

[quote=""blanketman""]Remember who haines had as interns. Take a guess.....? I have never brought forth my net worth to anyone. You exit on the other hand continue to bash people. The problem is you dont know what you are talking about on the money side. You have never had any money into the sport. Nor have you played for any team . I agree with you on many points ;however, your arrogance and ignorance makes you as classless as the people you bash. Congratulations and welcome to the club. You are right about your age it is young at 26...[/quote]

You meet the first, and most important, criteria for good ownership in that you pay your bills. But, you're also well more classless than most of the owners that have preceded you. I don't recall anyone else having a well-calculated attempt at "picking up my ball and going home" in the latter stages of a regular season because something you well could've guessed was coming came. You wanted an excuse to get out of the CIFL (the CIFL will implode on itself well before your little stunt ruins it, though I must admit it was good for hits on these message boards), and you got it. You're happy, and the league is happy. Everyone wins. Except the Raiders players and fans (what few that have actually been to the games this year).

Hopefully the Raiders have all their players, as I know there's a lot of guys disappointed to have their true championship attempts (and likely title win) ripped out from under them. I also hope Erie and whoever else you play shows up with more than the fifth stringers, as these games are totally meaningless to them. Except for the AIFL Championship. I'm sure the winner of the AIFL Play-In Series will be quite ready to play the Raiders for the rings.

I may not have my money into things, but I can see the Raiders focusing on the same things that killed Port Huron (before Pete showed up), Ohio Valley, and gobs of other teams. If your players were that great to be household names, they wouldn't be in the CIFL or AIFL. I've heard the team has done a few things here and there in the community, but the PUBLIC relations are beyond awful. All you are now is a complete joke in the area because of that little stunt you pulled...and I see nothing being done to change that perception.

I already said it. Perception is reality. And the perception of you is that of a huge ego with very little room upstairs for anything else. I know my perception, as well, as someone that likes to say things how it is, whether or not it's terribly nice...and that's even after I've toned down over the years. Certainly I've missed the boat a few times, but I get things right far more often than not...and that's because I've been around this game far longer than you (and far longer than most people anymore...I miss the fun old days of the NIFL, I really do).

Simply put, it's not nearly as fun being a fan of this sport anymore, and I'm sure a lot of that reason why is that I know way too much about way too many of the idiots, con men, and dreamers within it (Jim Terry's league actually had a lasting effect of some sort). Good luck to you and the Raiders, but you've created a big uphill battle to fight, and for no reason whatsoever that couldn't have waited until after you won three playoff games by 25-30 points.
What are you doing here?

Return to “CIFL”