As of now

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
psbf
Site Admin

As of now

Post by psbf » Sat May 17, 2008 4:48 pm

there are 7 teams returning; Pittsburgh Xplosion, East Kentucky Miners, Minot Skyrockets, Lawtwon/Ft. Sill Cavalry, RGV Silverados, Albany Patroons and August Groove(formerly Atlanta Krunk). Yakima is the team in question, and with no known news on a merge or teams jumping, this appears to be the alignment.

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Sat May 17, 2008 6:06 pm

I think you have too many teams listed there. Looks like three teams will bolt and one will not start the season.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sat May 17, 2008 6:20 pm

As I said, this is based on what I know so far. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And I say opinion, because nothing has been proven yet, other than the Krunk moving to become the Augusta Groove.

MadUps
Site Admin

Post by MadUps » Sun May 18, 2008 1:22 am

Who is done Yakima, Butte...Who else?

It is a shame that that the CBA is allowed to continue operating when so many players were not paid for last season.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon May 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Weren't the vast majority of players on the majority of teams paid? Yes, I agree that the goal is that everyone should be paid. But if the unpaid players came almost entirely from just two failed teams, why the hurry to condemn the entire league?

rider
Site Admin

CBA League Meetings?

Post by rider » Fri May 23, 2008 2:56 pm

There has been a great amount of silience since the league meetings! Where is our mole? Anybody have good sources!

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:14 pm

[quote=""rider""]There has been a great amount of silience since the league meetings! Where is our mole? Anybody have good sources![/quote]

I posed this question last week too - Its been quiet; But I'm sure were not the only ones interested in what went down at the meetings.

The Carribean Summit has been moved to June, at least its some news... ( http://www.sportsperspectivesint.com/ )

So has anyone heard anything?

psbf
Site Admin

I have to admit

Post by psbf » Fri May 23, 2008 3:17 pm

I've been wondering how the meetings are going, as well. I'm also curious. It's supposed to be held in the Carribean, so are all the team owners supposed to be part of it, or is this only for potential regional investors? And if the latter is true, when is the league meeting for the team owners?

bomp
Site Admin

Post by bomp » Sat May 24, 2008 2:56 am

[quote=""tbayz1""]I posed this question last week too - Its been quiet; But I'm sure were not the only ones interested in what went down at the meetings.

The Carribean Summit has been moved to June, at least its some news... ( http://www.sportsperspectivesint.com/ )

So has anyone heard anything?[/quote]

I have a client who is planning on attending. I am not sure why but they are planning on attending. If I hear anything I can pass along I will do that. It doesn't sound like the CBA is too together. Too bad that they didn't merger with the PBL as expected.
Unique ideas lead to prison. Don't name your son after a baseball glove. "Listen dude, do you really want the SEX??"

Return to “CBA”