kinda old, louisiana icegators? coming back, or another team?

The ECHL (ECHL) forum
ICEGATORSFAN??
Site Admin

kinda old, louisiana icegators? coming back, or another team?

Post by ICEGATORSFAN?? » Mon May 12, 2008 1:03 am

well after reading the old message about why they failed i thought to myself that all someone has to do is improve on what the previous owners failed to do. do you think there will be another team in the cajundome soon?

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Mon May 12, 2008 11:39 pm

Probably not. There just isn't any ownership interested in Lafayette for a pro team. They'd be a great fit for the CHL but its a matter of getting ownership.

ICEGATORSFAN??
Site Admin

fit for chl

Post by ICEGATORSFAN?? » Tue May 13, 2008 7:49 pm

why would the chl make them more fit?ticket prices? i thought that because when i saw the brahmas average atendence at around 2000 i thought for sure that it couldnt be attendence that ruined the icegators, cause there average attendence in 2005 was around 3,000

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:33 am

[quote=""ICEGATORSFAN??""]why would the chl make them more fit?ticket prices? i thought that because when i saw the brahmas average atendence at around 2000 i thought for sure that it couldnt be attendence that ruined the icegators, cause there average attendence in 2005 was around 3,000[/quote]

Travel costs, mostly. There are plenty of close teams in the CHL that are not available in the ECHL.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

ICEGATORSFAN??
Site Admin

Post by ICEGATORSFAN?? » Wed May 14, 2008 9:08 pm

well, if i win a realy big lottery ill try it out, but it isnt worth it trying to start when ytou have barely enough money.
i would rather have 20 million to loose on it if it fails and not be in debt.

Return to “ECHL”