Ibl Vs Cba Game

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
CanadianBaller
Site Admin

Ibl Vs Cba Game

Post by CanadianBaller » Sun May 11, 2008 7:34 pm

The IBL is quickly becoming a very exciting brand of basketball. The Edmonton Chill are doing very well in their first season and the games they have played versus Central Oregan, Bellingham, and Tacoma have all been top notch basketball. I think there should be a IBL VS CBA All Star game to measure the talent of both leagues or create one league by merging the two leagues.

Link to the IBL Site:

http://www.iblhoopsonline.com/
Last edited by CanadianBaller on Sun May 11, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Sun May 11, 2008 8:31 pm

canadianballer, I have been appointed to follow you around the message boards and correct you. ( I actually spent a week in Canada once and it was great.)

The CBA/ibl all star game you want to see play would have a definite ibl feel to it. CBA 188, ibl 67.

one league plays most games in high school gyms, and the other in Arena style venues.

one league has legendary coaches, one has volunteer coaches.

Now I can go back to the Laker/utah game!

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sun May 11, 2008 9:18 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]canadianballer, I have been appointed to follow you around the message boards and correct you. ( I actually spent a week in Canada once and it was great.)

The CBA/ibl all star game you want to see play would have a definite ibl feel to it. CBA 188, ibl 67.

one league plays most games in high school gyms, and the other in Arena style venues.

one league has legendary coaches, one has volunteer coaches.

Now I can go back to the Laker/utah game![/quote]

...and of course, I offer everyone an alternative point of view. 8)

The IBL is a spring league and the CBA is fall and winter. A merger won't happen. Years ago, a CBA/IBL all*star game would have resulted in a CBA blowout win. However, the NBADL has the best talent now. Some of the best CBA talent plays in the IBL during the spring because the USBL is history. Some of the excellent talent that went overseas during the winter is available to play for the IBL during the spring. I'm not so sure a hypothetical CBA vs. IBL all*star game would result in a CBA blowout.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Mon May 12, 2008 2:01 am

[quote=""CanadianBaller""]The IBL is quickly becoming a very exciting brand of basketball. The Edmonton Chill are doing very well in their first season and the games they have played versus Central Oregan, Bellingham, and Tacoma have all been top notch basketball. I think there should be a IBL VS CBA All Star game to measure the talent of both leagues or create one league by merging the two leagues.

Link to the IBL Site:

http://www.iblhoopsonline.com/[/quote]

"Hi, I now hold a management position in the IBL, and would like to add you to my little empire, even though our leagues do not play at the same time and there is a pretty significant talent disparity between our leagues."

Is that how it should read?
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Mon May 12, 2008 2:20 am

For once, I agree with Ken. And I will even take it a step further. If the hypothetical game ever happened (not a chance), the IBL would beat the CBA at least in a few weeks when there won't be many CBA teams left because they have all headed to the PBL. Seriously, it would not be a blowout for either side, as the IBL does have more tallent then most give them credit for having. There are many Americans playing in Europe and the IBL as well as the seasons do not conflict. You can't say that about the CBA. :D

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon May 12, 2008 5:41 am

I can't believe that the previous posts are anti-CBA in a CBA forum! You're acting like this league is already dead! I'm here to tell you that is not yet the case!

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Post by DazedAndAmused » Mon May 12, 2008 2:12 pm

[quote=""psbf""]I can't believe that the previous posts are anti-CBA in a CBA forum! You're acting like this league is already dead! I'm here to tell you that is not yet the case![/quote]

Since we can't predict the future, the CURRENT CBA has talent that is VASTLY superior to that of the IBL, even though there are a few CBA, PBL, and ABA players that do play in the league to earn a little (very little) extra dough and to stay in shape. It's apples and oranges and thus the exercise in comparison is futile.

If CBA teams bolt to the PBL, then there isn't much left to talk about. The IBL is a nice summer league. Let's not over sell it to make it something it is not or not intended to be. The IBL pundits and "bots" seem to be feeling their oats a little during the latest turmoil in the winter leagues. (This is an a1 strategy....thinking your league looks better if the others look worse.)

I say stay out of that and do your own thing staying above it all. Do what you do best.

Return to “CBA”