Dave McCarthy has finally lost his marbles!!

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
Championbuilder
Site Admin

Dave McCarthy has finally lost his marbles!!

Post by Championbuilder » Thu May 08, 2008 2:48 pm

Rochester news report:

Dave McCarthy, part-owner (the loud part) of the Rochester Raiders, is one of the most frustrated people in professional football.

His Continental Indoor Football League defending champion Raiders are 7-0 and lead the league in scoring offense (53.3 points per game), scoring defense (23.43 points allowed per game) and — of course — scoring differential (plus 209 points; next-best Kalamazoo is plus 139).

The Raiders play the Lehigh Valley Outlawz on the road Saturday and McCarthy expects to win "by at least 30."

He knows his team is too good for the CIFL. In fact, he thinks he has the best indoor football team in the country, outside the Arena Football League.

"And we could beat at least half of the 17 teams in that league," he said Wednesday. "We'd beat the Green Bay Blizzard (arenafootball2 champions) by 30 to 40 points."

McCarthy said he has called teams from the Arena Football League and af2 to challenge them to games, "but they always hang up. They know we'd expose them."

McCarthy said a top Arena Football League team recently called and wanted to check out five star Raider players.

"And they wanted us to pay the airfare," said McCarthy. "I guess they thought we should be honored that they were interested in our players."

Rob Schroeder, a former Raider, leads the Arena Football League's Orlando Predators in sacks this season.

Said McCarthy, "I've got four linemen as good or better — Quinn Walton, Jimmy Baker, Dale Buck and Mike Condello."

McCarthy said there is only one thing keeping the Raiders out of the Arena Football League — many millions of dollars to join.

"Some people ask me why we don't play in a better league," he said. "The CIFL is a decent league. I think the best teams could compete in afl2. I know the Raiders would be at least as good as the best af2 teams. And I think our current roster could make the Arena Football League playoffs if we could afford to join."

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Thu May 08, 2008 2:53 pm

1. The Green Bay Blizzard aren't the af2 Champions (the Tulsa Talons are)...Talons vs. Raiders? Splat.
2. Just be what you are Raiders-a development home for future talent. Plus since the Arena League is basically NFL Lite now, you'll have to change your name.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Championbuilder
Site Admin

Post by Championbuilder » Thu May 08, 2008 2:58 pm

For the first time ever, I am speechless....

Maybe because of the comments, maybe because dave told the paper that Green Bay won the Title last year!!! LOL Keep dreaming Dave!

Go Green Bay TALONS!! lol

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu May 08, 2008 3:24 pm

Pretending the Raiders top to bottom are an AFL-calibre team...they don't have a defensive backfield worth much.

Rochester is a top-5 indoor team, but Louisiana at the very least would give them a beating not unlike what Port Huron did while they were still paid.
What are you doing here?

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Thu May 08, 2008 4:39 pm

No wonder they needed to move to the BCA. Had to have room for all that ego.

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

Surgefan
Site Admin

Post by Surgefan » Thu May 08, 2008 8:11 pm

I wonder how good they'd be if they didn't have a sponsor with jobs to pay players beyond what allowed by the league.

They aren't violating the rules, but they sure bend the spirit of the rules into a pretzel.
Getting ready to say "good-bye" to the CIFL

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu May 08, 2008 9:00 pm

You mean a co-owner (well, now he is) with jobs to pay players with his other company.

The team's almost all local, so it's not like the roster would be much different either way.
What are you doing here?

Surgefan
Site Admin

Post by Surgefan » Fri May 09, 2008 2:02 am

[quote=""exit322""]You mean a co-owner (well, now he is) with jobs to pay players with his other company.

The team's almost all local, so it's not like the roster would be much different either way.[/quote]

Maybe. Maybe not.
Getting ready to say "good-bye" to the CIFL

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:59 pm

A lot of holdover from the '06 roster that didn't have Barto there, so it's pretty likely.

Either way, the Raiders still have all kinds of PR work to do.
Last edited by exit322 on Fri May 09, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What are you doing here?

arena_guru
Site Admin

Post by arena_guru » Fri May 09, 2008 9:51 pm

did he say all that with a straight face, i am actually really laughing out loud

Return to “CIFL”