Windy City Soldiers

The International Basketball League (IBL) forum
MJHankel
Site Admin

Post by MJHankel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:24 pm

[quote=""Ken, Steelheads fan""]Look at their three-point line vs. the three point line at the Gary Genesis Center. I'm sure that is one reason why Gary blew Windy City out by more than forty points.[/quote]

I think this is going to come into play a lot this season, any team coming to Gary will have to adjust pretty fast. It gives bigger meaning to home court advantage. It is too bad Elkhart appeared to be ready for that change when they came to Gary. :mad:
Last edited by MJHankel on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:31 pm

[quote=""MJHankel""]I think this is going to come into play a lot this season, any team coming to Gary will have to adjust pretty fast. It gives bigger meaning to home court advantage. It is too bad Elkhart appeared to be ready for that change when they came to Gary. :mad: [/quote]

Elkhart has some big bodies and scored a lot of points down low against Gary. I don't think the distance of the three-point line mattered much that night, although Elkhart's former Steelheads guard (whose name escapes me at the moment) hurt Gary from three-point land in the closing minutes.

It will be interesting to see if Windy City makes the adjustment when they play Gary again at Gary, May 24th. It will be interesting to see if both teams look relatively the same (personnel-wise) on that date.
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Wed May 07, 2008 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The name that escapes me is Cedric Moodie

Ibl Fan
Site Admin

Don't sleep!!

Post by Ibl Fan » Tue May 06, 2008 7:54 pm

Windy City soldiers are definitely a team that alot of you guys don't recognize as a great team. Don't be surprise to see them making some noise in the post season. Seen them play Elgin. Great game!!

bballnut
Site Admin

Post by bballnut » Wed May 07, 2008 2:52 pm

Windy City a great team? They are fun to watch, but in the play-offs? What are they going to do with Elkhart, Battle Creek or Gary? They play hard, and are fun to watch, but I don't consider them a great team. Play off basketball is not the same as the regular season. You need to have players that make big plays at big times in games. Elkhart has proved they have guys that can do that. As far as great teams in the IBL, it would have to be the Express. This league is not that old, but look at there track record. As we get closer to the play offs, watch the teams with money add what they are lacking. These are the teams that will make the run in the playoffs.

Ibl Fan
Site Admin

Post by Ibl Fan » Fri May 09, 2008 6:10 am

[quote=""bballnut""]Windy City a great team? They are fun to watch, but in the play-offs? What are they going to do with Elkhart, Battle Creek or Gary? They play hard, and are fun to watch, but I don't consider them a great team. Play off basketball is not the same as the regular season. You need to have players that make big plays at big times in games. Elkhart has proved they have guys that can do that. As far as great teams in the IBL, it would have to be the Express. This league is not that old, but look at there track record. As we get closer to the play offs, watch the teams with money add what they are lacking. These are the teams that will make the run in the playoffs.[/quote]

Remember your quote during playoff time!! Don't be surprise when one of your teams go home early.

bballnut
Site Admin

Post by bballnut » Fri May 09, 2008 1:25 pm

I will remember. If Windy City would upset one of those teams in the first round of the play-offs, it would make there season. There is only one thing that would make Elkhart, Battle Creek or Gary's season. That is a Championship. Are you saying Windy City could win a game in the play offs or are you saying they could win the Championship?

Return to “IBL”