"Incredible" story brewing in Rochester

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
Surgefan
Site Admin

Post by Surgefan » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:25 pm

[quote=""exit322""]Nope, not at all. Nothing needs to be corrected. The CIFL responded to what was done and responded very well. My goals were accomplished. This is by far the strongest the CIFL has been, and I've been confirmed right from the league office that that little stunt woke 'em up a bit.

The only factor? Of course not. The CIFL has learned from past mistakes...but I do think they needed to realize they were making more than they thought they were. Now they do.

Now, as I've said before both in public and private...I can't say what was done was the most tactful way to make a point. But in hindsight, the risks of losing friendships I had forged in order to enact the only kind of change I could make at this point...especially in hindsight, was well worth it. Progress usually isn't made without risk, and I took a huge one.[/quote]

So your intent was to harm the league to make it stronger?

That's some great spin.
Getting ready to say "good-bye" to the CIFL

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:44 pm

So you're saying that if anyone anywhere throws you an email saying "hey, buy this" or "hey, you've just won the international lottery!" you follow the instructions within? No wonder everyone gets all kinds of spam emails...people like you actually respond to it and believe the face value message contained right within, believing every word said.

There was never any reasonable expectation that the teams would listen to anything, nor any expectation that anything would ever come of what was said on the "teams leaving the CIFL" horizon. Did I think "what if they actually did respond?" Yeah, for about a second.

Then back to reality.

The email was a strange way to do it, but the CIFL is stronger. Therefore, success was attained.
Last edited by exit322 on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What are you doing here?

Surgefan
Site Admin

Post by Surgefan » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:53 pm

[quote=""exit322""]So you're saying that if anyone anywhere throws you an email saying "hey, buy this" or "hey, you've just won the international lottery!" you follow the instructions within? No wonder everyone gets all kinds of spam emails...people like you actually respond to it and believe the face value message contained right within, believing every word said.

There was never any reasonable expectation that the teams would listen to anything, nor any expectation that anything would ever come of what was said on the "teams leaving the CIFL" horizon. Did I think "what if they actually did respond?" Yeah, for about a second. Then back onto the original goal of the email, which so far has come to fruition. I won't say it was the most tactful method used, because it wasn't. But it worked. And that's all that matters in the end.[/quote]

You got caught and left your accomplice out to dry.

Again, nice spin.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:30 pm

[quote=""Surgefan""]So your intent was to harm the league to make it stronger?

That's some great spin.[/quote]

Isn't that the central premise behind such things as chemotherapy?

exit's not chardale. He doesn't have an anti-CIFL agenda. He simply has a "let's get leagues to not repeat the same mistakes over and over again, and in doing so, succeed" agenda.

Take a look at the AIFA. This league could possibly have ended up like that. It hasn't, in part because people like exit are actually proactive about making issues known, and the management actually responds to them.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:16 pm

[quote=""Surgefan""]You got caught and left your accomplice out to dry.

Again, nice spin.[/quote]

You really think I didn't expect the CIFL to find out about this? You're kidding only yourself. Jeffrey's way too good with the computers for me to think he wasn't going to quickly figure this out. Only took him five days, if I remember right. No more than a week, either way.

Since that point, we've seen great strides from the CIFL. It's still not "good enough," but the only point in which we truly hit "good enough" is when there is constant improvement and a lack of critical errors. The league might be very close to that point. And that's a great thing for the sport.

Learn from mistakes. In Year Three, it appears the CIFL is doing that.
What are you doing here?

cRUSHer
Site Admin

Surgefan is close but ...

Post by cRUSHer » Thu May 01, 2008 9:42 pm

... it's beyond spin ...it's self aggrandizing bullpoop.
What I actually said was "Go I F L" ! ! !

http://goifl.com

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Fri May 02, 2008 1:16 am

[quote=""cRUSHer""]... it's beyond spin ...it's self aggrandizing bullpoop.[/quote]

Can't we all just...get along?
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri May 02, 2008 4:42 pm

This is indoor football. If you're talking, that's sometimes as close to getting along as it gets.

Surgefan
Site Admin

Post by Surgefan » Fri May 02, 2008 5:32 pm

[quote=""preeths""]This is indoor football. If you're talking, that's sometimes as close to getting along as it gets.[/quote]

As soon as the people trying to do harm are identified it will get better.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri May 02, 2008 6:43 pm

[quote=""preeths""]This is indoor football. If you're talking, that's sometimes as close to getting along as it gets.[/quote]

This is true. Even if you're not talking, sometimes that has to pass as "getting along" in this sport.

But it is getting better. The CIFL is a whole lot stronger than it was last year. The UIF seems to be improving. The IFL hasn't had any issues. We're really only down to one professional indoor league that has potentially crippling problems that they're not doing anything about.

And I wonder if the AIFA will even be around next year to deal with 'em.
Last edited by exit322 on Fri May 02, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What are you doing here?

Return to “CIFL”