River City Rage

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:53 pm

That's quite a stretch, and you're assuming neither team would have found another buyer and the only other option would have been to shut them down. Neither is a given. From what I've seen, the worst UIF ownership group is better than the APFL's best. That's what makes the difference. Frankly, I don't understand the jabs at UIF.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:24 pm

They are simply in response to the blind faith that the UIF is so much better than everything, when it's simply true that the UIF is just another professional indoor league, like the other three out there.

The UIF was founded with questionable objectives, only after Carolyn Shiver told them where to go after they "left" in the first place. There was never any real intent to start a new league until that was the only option. So far, they seem to be doing a fair job, but they're certainly not expanding fast enough to replace lost teams, and that will be their downfall if they don't fix it.
What are you doing here?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:36 pm

I think history has shown that the decision to break away from the NIFL is one of the best they could have made, and a decision that every other quality organization in that league eventually made. They've done a better than "fair" job since then, particularly by indoor football standards, in that they've played their games and avoided the disasters that we saw last year in the AIFA and CIFL, for instance. I don't think anyone is showing "blind faith" in UIF. Though it's not perfect, they've earned the rep as a solid league.

lindsayh12
Site Admin

Post by lindsayh12 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Rage fan, the person running the front office for your team doesn't know anything about football that has been proven many times over. As far as him not having to do with players that is a false statement as he decides a lot when it comes to not only players but the coaching staff as well.

cRUSHer
Site Admin

Post by cRUSHer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:24 pm

[quote=""preeths""]
Frankly, I don't understand the jabs at UIF.[/quote]

sour grapes
What I actually said was "Go I F L" ! ! !

http://goifl.com

ragefan
Site Admin

Post by ragefan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:30 am

Let's have FACTS not opinions when it comes to trashing someone on here. Explain your self... To many people pop on this site and trash a team or a person then you never hear from them again. LET HERE THE FACTS...What doesn't he know about football? What does he decide when it comes to players, not who plays, not who is picked for the team, not what happens in practice, not who coaches and who doesn't , not the salaries. Not who is cut or who is signed.

Mr. Jones does not make the decisions, you sir are wrong. He may make SUGGESTIONS, but believe me it is Jeff and Bob who make the choices for the team and then tell Mr.Jones what they want to do and what to carry out. The buck starts and stops with the ownership not the front office. :infun:

lindsayh12
Site Admin

Post by lindsayh12 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:15 am

Rage Fan first of all I am a woman so please don not address me as "sir." Also I never named the person I was talking about. Now let us talk about facts;

One. The person I was talking about was solely responsible for the departure of Coach Wyatt and his staff including Coach Cox.

Two. In order to run a successfull football team you have to know about not only the game but also about how football fans think.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:41 am

But I believe you are missing ragefan's point. He's saying you don't have to be a football person to run a successful organization. Yes, you have to know the game to put together a good on-field team, but that's largely the job of coaches at this level. I don't believe your second point has much merit.

ragefan
Site Admin

Post by ragefan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Sorry to confuse the issue on your gender, once again you are wrong about Coach Wyatt at least. I am a close personal friend of the Elliott's who still own part of the team and know for a FACT that Coach Wyatt left for another coaching job, the decision to fire someone would of been Mr. Elliotts and his partner MAC and neither one fired or got rid of him. It was his decision and no one elses. No one forced him out. The Elliott's wanted him to stay but knew that it was a better job for Coach Wyatt so i am not sure what your trying to stir up here but as far as Wyatt goes it was his choice to go.

As far as Coach Cox, When players and coaches do not get along a change must be made for the good of the team and once again this would of been the owners decision not the front offices. So i guess you are blaming the new owners, the Sprowls for Cox's departure too. Since they were the ones who brought in their former coach of the shockwave to replace Cox. Who left and then was replaced once again by the owners with Coach Stills.

Thanks Preeth for explaining my point..
Last edited by ragefan on Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lindsayh12
Site Admin

Post by lindsayh12 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:59 pm

Coach Wyatt did leave for Oklahoma Panhandle State University BUT he was pushed out by someone in the front office. You are right that Tye and MAC wanted him to stay.

I am not blaming the new owners for the coaching change, I am blaming the same person who pushed Wyatt out. When Cox was there the players liked the team and there was no reason for him leaving. Now key players on the team are very unhappy.

Return to “IFL”