River City Rage

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
lindsayh12
Site Admin

River City Rage

Post by lindsayh12 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:08 am

As a longtime football fan and follower of the Show Me Believers to the current Rage, I have to say that I am absolutely disgusted with this team now. A baseball guy not a football guy has led the Rage front office for the last two seasons. I went to the games against the Wild and Beef and this is the worst indoor team I have seen in Saint Louis and it has to start with the front office not having football people in it. If the owners were smart, they would clean out the front office and coaching staff and beg the coaches from the 2006-2007 season to comeback and coach this team. I do have season tickets for the Rage but I like 20 of my friends with season tickets won’t be going to anymore games to support this team. Also, talking with certain players they are sick of management and coaches also. This is a huge problem because these are players whom over the last three seasons have been key members of this team.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:17 pm

I don't know anything about the particulars in your case... but I do not believe that the front office has to be led by a "football guy"

The front office is more than putting players on the field... just as important is fiscal responsibility, getting sponsors, arena relations, ticket sales, etc.

An experienced minor league baseball guy should be able to run an indoor football front office.

The Head Coach can be the football guy.

So, what you're really saying is you don't like your front office guy because he's doing a bad job. Don't blame it on his baseball experience.

lindsayh12
Site Admin

Post by lindsayh12 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:03 pm

Jamie I respect your statement, but I do think a football team should have a football guy in the front office. Another quick point if you read the entire post you'd see that players are also very upset with the front office as well as coaches and if it continues you could see the same type of thing that happens in pro leagues when players call for a change. I have become friends with any players since the team was the Believers. Some of the top tier guys really have had enough.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:12 pm

Don't the Sprowls own this team now? If that's the case, it surprises me that the Rage aren't doing really well on AND off the field.

OutlawFan#5
Site Admin

Post by OutlawFan#5 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:25 pm

Don't the Sprowls own this team now? If that's the case, it surprises me that the Rage aren't doing really well on AND off the field.

Now your just being sarcastic!

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:18 pm

Bring back Mike Wyatt

lindsayh12
Site Admin

Post by lindsayh12 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:41 am

indoor fan that would be great for the city of Saint Charles and the Rage but Wyatt is the head coach at Oklahoma Panhandle State University in Goodwell, OK. As a longtime fan, I wish he would comeback to the red and black.

ragefan
Site Admin

Post by ragefan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:33 pm

with all due respect, there will always be a player or two or half the team ,whatever ,who does not like the coach or the bosses. Either because of coaching style or because they are not playing when they think they should. Some players did not like Wyatt, some did not like Cox , some did not like Van Tessle, hell he did not even last past opening day and now some do not like this coach. It is never a perfect fit. Someone is always going to feel screwed by a coach. Life just is not fair.

As far as "the baseball" guy running the front office, which he has done for more than two years by the way, your logic is just off, an office manager has nothing to do with the players that is what a coaching staff is for. The manager runs the day to day stuff with vendors and ticket sales, sponsor sales etc. You want a SALESMAN in your front office not a jock. So just because he ran the baseball teams means he knows nothing about football? Do you know him personally to know he is not a football guy? You are saying just because he ran the baseball team he is a baseball guy well i think he has run a football team longer so doesn't that now mean he is now a football guy instead? Just going on your brilliant logic here.

Yes the sprowls now run the team but just because an owner has deep pockets does not mean the team will run smoothly either. I will say this the Rage has lasted longer than any other team at the family arena so i will give credit to the owner of the Believers, Ed, and to Tye Elliott who bought the Believers and turned them into the Rage and who stuck with the Rage through several partners and even more problems and to the new owners the Sprowls, owning a team is never easy i am sure .

cRUSHer
Site Admin

just a friendly reminder ....

Post by cRUSHer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:35 pm

pleae don't take this the wrong way,
but the Rage are probably no better
or worse than when they were getting
a lot of easier wins against replacement
teams and forfietures on their opponents part.

They are up against consistently better competition
game after game now as members of United Indoor
Football.

And they are a good team.

3 - 3 isn't the end of the world.
That div. is still theirs for the taking.

And God bless Mr. Sprowls. :)
What I actually said was "Go I F L" ! ! !

http://goifl.com

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:21 pm

[quote=""cRUSHer""]And God bless Mr. Sprowls. :) [/quote]

Yeah, without him, the UIF would be the APFL with higher salaries.
What are you doing here?

Return to “IFL”