Sioux Falls vs Dakota

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Sioux Falls vs Dakota

Post by DakotaWiz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:44 pm

Anyone making the trip up here for the game?

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:24 pm

So just like that the season's over? After being gone for a week and away from the local news, I was shocked to hear that the Wizards even made the play-offs...as the #1 seed in the first round even. I didn't make it to the game, but it looks like a good portion of fans didn't make it either (2008 being the game's attendance???). Well, I guess if I had to pick a team to win it all, it would be Idaho. I do not want to see LA make it to the finals because they have absolutely no fans at all. In the Austin/Sioux Falls series, I would like to see the Skyforce win it. The Toros made some moves before the season that I did not like--- stealing Roy Rogers from the Wizards, luring Mo McHone away from Sioux Falls...must be nice to have an NBA team as an owner with all that cash on the end of their fishing rod.

Idaho vs. Sioux Falls: D-League Finals. Idaho in 2.

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:11 pm

[quote=""USBasket_EricE""]but it looks like a good portion of fans didn't make it either (2008 being the game's attendance???)[/quote]

It certainly says a lot when your lowest attendance game of the entire season is during the playoffs. Our previous low was 2025.

Last night was just incredibly frustrating. We looked like we had no idea how to play basketball. And now I've seen my two teams get knocked out of the playoffs personally - Minot Skyrockets in Game 5 of the finals and now the Wizards in the first round. Not a good year for me basketball-wise.. at least the Jayhawks won.
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions
'06-'07 D-League Champions

We're coming for you Iowa!

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:54 am

[quote=""DakotaWizardsFan""] And now I've seen my two teams get knocked out of the playoffs personally - Minot Skyrockets in Game 5 of the finals and now the Wizards in the first round. Not a good year for me basketball-wise.. at least the Jayhawks won.[/quote]

You went to the Game 5 in Minot? I really wanted to go, but it didn't work out, so I just watched it on the computer. At least Shawn Daniels got another CBA championship ring. I had the Wizards game on the radio at work last night. When they were down by 20, I was almost tempted to switch back over to 97.5. Then I thought "Do I really want to suffer through another Fergie song, or hear how the game plays out?" Well, unfortunately the worst happened and I heard the final buzzer sound when I was turning a corner from 3rd Street to Denver Avenue on my way home. I wish I could have made it to a few more games this season. The last one I went to was on February 17, when they were supposed to have those bobble heads there. Had I known ahead of time that the Wizards were going to make the play-offs with a homecourt advantage, I wouldn't have agreed to work on Tuesday night. But after having six straight days off while the other closer covered for me, I didn't have a choice.

This season went by so fast. I can hardly believe it's over. Funny thing about that Kansas game... I was going for Memphis because I actually filled out a bracket this year. In the championship game, I had Memphis over Tennessee. I know nothing about college ball, so I blindly picked my teams. My bracket wasn't too bad:

The Bismarck Demons winning the state championship was the only highlight for me this year. That was the last time I was at the Civic Center. Now I'll sit back and watch to see how the NBA play-offs go. BOSTON CELTICS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not on the bandwagon, I became a fan of that team last spring BEFORE they even had Garnett or Ray Allen.

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:22 am

[quote=""USBasket_EricE""]You went to the Game 5 in Minot?[/quote]

Yeah, I went to game 4 also. I was pretty happy when they won that night since I got to see them play in the final game, but that excitement soon died out.

So overall, this year, I was an obsessed minor league basketball fan.

1 Wizards Preseason
24 Wizards Regular Season
1 Wizards Postseason
1 Skyrockets Regular Season
2 Skyrockets Postseason

And I have all my tickets still from all those games. I guess you could say I'm collecting them for no reason whatsover.

[quote=""USBasket_EricE""]When they were down by 20, I was almost tempted to switch back over to 97.5. Then I thought "Do I really want to suffer through another Fergie song, or hear how the game plays out?"[/quote]

Haha, I don't even listen to Hot 97.5. It annoys me and I cannot stand it.

[quote=""USBasket_EricE""]In the championship game, I had Memphis over Tennessee.[/quote]

I had Kansas over UCLA in my first bracket and UCLA over UNC on my bracket for Yahoo's Second Chance contest. My first bracket actually did pretty well in the Tribune's contest.

[quote=""USBasket_EricE""]Now I'll sit back and watch to see how the NBA play-offs go. BOSTON CELTICS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

My favorite teams are the Orlando Magic (because of Dwight Howard) and the Miami Heat (I liked them because of Dwyane Wade before Blake Ahearn ever went there). So I'm cheering for the Magic. But if the Raptors beat the Magic, I'll probably go for the Raptors because of Jamario Moon.
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions
'06-'07 D-League Champions

We're coming for you Iowa!

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:25 pm

I like the Celtics and the Cavs. Wouldn't matter to me who wins it between the two. But if the Hawks manage to upset the Celtics in the first round, I would definitely have to go for them the entire rest of the way! LOL

I've been looking at Jamario Moon's stats all year. It's amazing how a player can go from being virtually unknown for what, 10 years? And then to become a key player on an NBA team. Then there's Bobby Jones, who played for Sioux Falls. I heard on ESPN the other day that he set an NBA record after playing for 5 different teams in one season. And Ramon Sessions, who broke Milwaukee's record for most assists in a game. It was a good season for former D-Leaguers!

I sketched up a bracket on the back of my lunch receipt today for the NBA play-offs.

I took a gamble on the Suns and Spurs...I'm sick of seeing the Spurs in the play-offs! The Dallas/New Orleans series was another difficult choice. But in the end I went with a classic Lakers/Celtics NBA Finals. Can't wait to see how it plays out!

Return to “D-League”