Three Game Series Now -------------

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
FrontOffice
Site Admin

Post by FrontOffice » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:10 pm

I'm going to assume (like you seem to do) that you haven't worked/monitored/been involved with a score's table staff before. If you had, you'd know that a home score clock keeper tends to operate the clock (start the clock early or late depending on the situation) as to help his home team. If you think its hard to run a few tenths off here or there, you're kidding yourself.

Now that we have that established... I stand by my comments that I'm surpised the cavalry score clock keeper didn't start the clock soon enough where a play of that length could have occurred. I am suprised he "allowed" that play to happen. That he didn't jump the gun and start the clock just a tad early negating the play.

As you seem to want to insinuate, it was in no way me indicating that anyone did anything wrong. I stand by my comments that a catch (or tip), a pass, another catch and a shot in 1.4 seconds is amazing. Amazing play and amazing that the ref or clock operator didn't effect it in the least.

You seem to know my intentions in this forum but I couldn't care less who won, or by how much. I commented on officiating that I have witnessed and a play that was improbable. If anyone could make that shot, it's Ronnie Fields.

Expressions are super cool by the way. Big thumbs up to you

Kev the Cav
Site Admin

Post by Kev the Cav » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:19 pm

[quote=""Crystal Ball""]
Minot taking it the basket and Lawton/Ft Sill attempting to live from the outside,if Lawton/Ft Sill would have hit some of those outside shots we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Didnot hear a sound when those shots were falling in game one and they won,but when they miss those open looks we have to point blame on someone other than the players.....Refs,Game Clock Operator,Mascot,Ballboys...Pick one I am sure they are the reason the Calvary Lost...[/quote]

You make some good points Crystal Ball. The Cavs seemed to shoot more outside shots then they usually do. I heard Michael Ray comment on this following some losses earlier this season and it seemed they really attacked the basket the following game. I'm hoping they do tonight.

Turnovers killed the Cavs (which I mentioned in my original assessment of the game). They better learn from those mistakes in a hurry and be careful tonight.

Looking at the stats, what really jumps out is that in Game 2 Brandon Dean only shot 5 times. He was 1-5 with 3 points. He had 0 assists.

Another thing that is hard to believe: (my favorite player) Marvin Phillips had 4 rebounds. After finishing the season with the 2nd most double-doubles and being named defensive player of the year, he's been pretty ineffective in this series. He even took a few of those outside shots which is not the strength of his game. He needs to be in the paint putting that leaping ability to use.

You are right that we didn't discuss the officiating after game one. We probably should have, but the Cavs overcame it. They NEARLY overcame it in game two, so if they just get back to playing like they did in February, it should be a non-factor. I'm looking for a big win tonight!

Crystal Ball
Site Admin

Post by Crystal Ball » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:03 pm

Frontoffice Man,
You are talking in circles....Quoting you.."I stand by my comments that I'm surpised the cavalry score clock keeper didn't start the clock soon enough where a play of that length could have occurred. I am suprised he "allowed" that play to happen. That he didn't jump the gun and start the clock just a tad early negating the play.

So you wanted them to cheat...Since you want nobody to read into your non-sense..Please explain "soon enough"....What is that?

Clock is to start after first touch after a throw in or tip...right or wrong?So are you saying he should have started the clock before the Minot player touched the throw-in,thus not "allowing" the play to occur...

Kev,
I think MRR will have the Calvary ready tonight.. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Crystal Ball on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cazzzmo
Site Admin

about an hour until game time --------

Post by Cazzzmo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:05 pm

here's tonights score, we'll save you the trouble of messing with that darn webcast ------------

SkyRockets 99
Cavalry 97

- out

OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:07 pm

I will agree that the CAVS had way to many turnovers and missed shots in the game. Doesn't help that they didn't score in the last 4 minutes of the game either. But it doesn't help that the Refs were abit one sided in the game also.

Can't wait for the game to start tonight so we can see who the refs are going to be.

I wasn't at the first game so I can't really comment on how the refs did. I was at the second game sitting on the edge of the upper seats with a birdseye view of under the basket. So when a foul was called I could see if it was a legit one or not. Several times I told my son - good call because they pushed off or got a piece of an arm. But even he, at 16, could tell there were alot of bogus calls.

Just want a fair called game. If it is a foul, then fine call it and if you call a foul on one end of the court then call the same foul on the other end. Not too much to ask.

Why can't they have 3 refs during the Championship games?

heavesrock
Site Admin

Post by heavesrock » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:11 pm

[quote=""OKCAVS67""]Why can't they have 3 refs during the Championship games?[/quote]

Because it would eliminate controversy, make the games more entertaining, and it would make sense.
Vermont Frost Heaves fan site: http://freewebs.com/frostheavesfans

Frost Heaves Forum: http://frostheaves.proboards.com

OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Oh, Ok

I understand it all now.....Without controversy who would care about watching the games.....DUH!!!

I love this Place.

FrontOffice
Site Admin

Post by FrontOffice » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:42 am

I wish I lived in your world, Crystal Ball, where everyone played by the rules and all is fair. Must be a fun, magical place

Crystal Ball
Site Admin

Post by Crystal Ball » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:26 am

And your world is what..one of cheating...You are a tool... :D

Return to “CBA”