Oklahoma at Yakama

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
PatroonsFan
Site Admin

stop

Post by PatroonsFan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:43 pm

[quote=""CBA Veteran""]I was there, too. Richardson is an absolute disgrace to the coaching profession and the CBA. He verbally abuses his players, opposing staff, building staff and bus drivers. He is totally out of control and does not belong in the league. This guy is unstable and it does not have anything to do with his well-documented drug problems. Richardson is just a bad guy![/quote]

Richardson is a bad guy? Have you ever talked to him? His emotions get the best of him sometimes. His is very passionate about the game. He obviously knows how to put a great team together and his players stick with him. All I know is that if he were still coaching the Patroons we would be in the playoffs this year. This guy has taken his team to the playoffs every year he has been in the leauge. His behavior is unacceptable sometimes but he is a great coach!

panchess
Site Admin

The two sides of MR...

Post by panchess » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:46 pm

..both came out. My question is this. MR has never coached a CBA finals game, having been suspended for the series last year.

In what game of this series will MR finally coach in the CBA finals? I am guessing there will be a suspension in order for the things that went on last night.

PatroonsFan
Site Admin

Post by PatroonsFan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:11 pm

[quote=""panchess""]..both came out. My question is this. MR has never coached a CBA finals game, having been suspended for the series last year.

In what game of this series will MR finally coach in the CBA finals? I am guessing there will be a suspension in order for the things that went on last night.[/quote]

Richardson coached the first game of last years finals against Yakima. He was then suspended for the rest of the series, and eventually terminated.

FrontOffice
Site Admin

Post by FrontOffice » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:30 pm

I think it would be a complete contradiction for the league to suspend MRR for the finals when Coach Wolpert got off scott-free after shoving a CBA official and a Pike County Sheriff when he was ejected from a Sunkings/Miners game earlier this year. There really needs to be some sort of conformity in these situations. Write a rule-book and actually stick to it.

OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:49 am

Well, it doesn't help that the Refs don't follow the rules either.

THose two that were doing the game last night are notorious for calling bad games. They have done several of the CAVS games here in Lawton and it is amazing how they call a game. One minute a guy gets called for a foul and the next time he does the exact same thing, he doesn't get called for it.

Notice how before the fight, there were hardly any fouls called. Then after the fight, they were calling them left and right.

If the CBA wants to become a better league, then it has to start at the REFS that call the games.

MRR should have controled his emotions abit better, but I think it got the rest of the team fired up.

I see a one game suspension coming for him

Crystal Ball
Site Admin

Post by Crystal Ball » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:19 pm

My take on the whole situation is that the officiating in Game 1 was exactly how a playoff Game should be called,and the way it was called in Game 2 was bound to end up like it did with punches thrown and ejections..

Translation is that when you have two teams that donot like each other and more importantly are involved in a playoff game you need to be able to keep control of the game...Calling the game tight as they did sends a message that the officials were not going to take any BS that was brought into the game...thus you did have more free throws shot but no issues as far as fights and such...If they ,the players donot want to back off the officials need to keep blowing their whistles or stuff is going to happen cause the players cannot police themselves..

In game 2 as soon as the players knew that the officials were letting it go loose and not getting a handle on things bad things were bound to happend,and as we all saw it did....

Calls are going to missed in everygame whether it be NBA or CBA,But Game management is the most important thing...If you cannot manage the game(players and coaches) then you will have issues...

Just my take.... :eek:

CBA Veteran
Site Admin

Michael Ray Needs To Go

Post by CBA Veteran » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:10 pm

[quote=""PatroonsFan""]Richardson is a bad guy? Have you ever talked to him? His emotions get the best of him sometimes. His is very passionate about the game. He obviously knows how to put a great team together and his players stick with him. All I know is that if he were still coaching the Patroons we would be in the playoffs this year. This guy has taken his team to the playoffs every year he has been in the leauge. His behavior is unacceptable sometimes but he is a great coach![/quote]

He has put together good teams his 2nd and 3rd years in the CBA. But that does not make him a good guy. I have talked with MRR several times since he has been in the CBA and, on a couple occasions, he has been civil. But most of the time he is complaining or calling people names. I have absolute no respect for the guy. I have seen him berate players, coaches, fans, officials and opposing staff members. I have seen him try to fight. If he acted like this two years ago, he would have been suspended for a very long time. I appreciate your passion for the Patroons, but do not defend a person's terrible behavior because he can coach.

Kev the Cav
Site Admin

Post by Kev the Cav » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:37 pm

No one seems to mention Harvey Thomas. It sounds like he was the one who threw punches. How often does this guy get tossed out of games?

He was tossed during his first trip to Lawton for throwing a ball at the scoreboard that hangs above the floor.

He SHOULD have been tossed in the first playoff game, but I don't think the refs saw him kick the ball down the court, so they just gave a delay of game warning instead of a technical. Later he was throwing another fit and a technical was called, but I guess it wasn't on him, because later he did get called for a T and wasn't ejected.

MRR is no saint, but he's also not the first coach to get angry when he sees a punch thrown toward his team.

psbf
Site Admin

I said this

Post by psbf » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:55 pm

sometime last season. No matter how much talent a coach has, if he lets his attitude get the best of him, he should not be coaching no matter how good he is. M.R. coaching just reminds me of why he was let go by the Knicks, as a player.

SUNKINGS
Site Admin

Post by SUNKINGS » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:04 pm

Kev no one is saying Harvey Thomas didnt do wrong. He was thrown out, done. But a coach has to try to protect his players by getting them off the court before people become injured or suspended. Have you ever seen a NBA coach trying to escalate a fight or do you see them grab their players and push them back to the bench.

Return to “CBA”