How is your UIF team shaping Up?

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
ragefan
Site Admin

How is your UIF team shaping Up?

Post by ragefan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:31 pm

With all the movement in the off season for players either not coming back or quiting or moving up to the AFL how has that effected your favorite team and do you think your team will be as good as last year?

gostlouis
Site Admin

Not sure what to think.

Post by gostlouis » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:18 am

I'm excited about this year. The sudden Rage coaching change took me by surprise, but I'm happy to see the Rage website has updated to show that there has been a change and why. Well, lets hope for a good year.

Lately I've not been too sure about the UIF stability. I have mixed feelings about the things that went on this off season with the UIF. Overall though, I still like the league, but I honestly am questioning how everything is going to be with them this year. I hope they do ok.

By the way has anyone read the below yet:
http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2008 ... 765920.txt

Something like this is very ABAish and I don't like it at all. This really isn't a good mark for the UIF at all. I certainly hope that all the regular season games are played now after reading about this.

GoStLouis
gostlouis is a proud fan of the:

River City Rascals
St. Louis Phoenix

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:00 am

[quote=""gostlouis""]
By the way has anyone read the below yet:
http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2008 ... 765920.txt

Something like this is very ABAish and I don't like it at all. This really isn't a good mark for the UIF at all. I certainly hope that all the regular season games are played now after reading about this.
[/quote]
OMG a UIF game wasn't played, Probably won't be
the only one. This already shrunken league is doomed.
Help me sweet jeezus the sky is falling.
... aaagggghhhhh, :roll:

Morale of the story:
Don't mess with the Big Boys,
you'll get burned.

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:52 pm

In fairness, the Raptors are now a CIFL team. While this was a preseason game, tickets were sold to the fans.

Personally, I think this reflects poorly on the Raptors and the CIFL who are hoping for a cleaner image this year. I would think it would make Bloomington and other UIF teams think twice before trying crossover events with the CIFL.

It was for the preseason, but not a good start.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:36 pm

fwp, you're right. This was on the Raptors. What does it say about your organization when you can't make a two-hour trip?

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:47 pm

Look what happened to Gilligan and the Skipper,
and that was only three hours.
Whew. Lucky the Raptors made it back to homebase.

What it says to me is the UIF and its primadonna following
are a bunch of suckers atop their high and mighty horses
and should have known better than to soil themselves
with "those other leagues." :roll:

ragefan
Site Admin

Post by ragefan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:51 pm

I do not care for teams playing out side their league. I did not like the Rage playing the Wildcats last year pre-season. They are not even an indoor team and did not know the rules. I would hate to see an injury BEFORE the real season starts... But i guess it gets fans ready.

How many teams out there have guys who went up to AFL this year?

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:04 am

[quote=""fwp""]In fairness, the Raptors are now a CIFL team. While this was a preseason game, tickets were sold to the fans.

Personally, I think this reflects poorly on the Raptors and the CIFL who are hoping for a cleaner image this year. I would think it would make Bloomington and other UIF teams think twice before trying crossover events with the CIFL.

It was for the preseason, but not a good start.[/quote]

Don't tell blanketman that...

Poor Rochester...loading up their roster for a game that will never happen. *rolls eyes*
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

ragefan
Site Admin

Post by ragefan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:20 pm

Hey Rage Fans.

You can now watch the game live on your computer. Check out the Rage website and see how. I live out of state now but was able to watch the whole game the other night.... It has a few delays but picture was good.

Will be traveling home to see the opener though... GO RAGE!!!!

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:18 pm

[quote=""fwp""]In fairness, the Raptors are now a CIFL team. While this was a preseason game, tickets were sold to the fans.

It was for the preseason, but not a good start.[/quote]

You just love to put it on Jeff/ Eric and the cifl.The xtreme are just lucky we didnt go. That 12 hour trip would have been well worth it

Return to “IFL”