GREAT FALLS EXPLORERS go under

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:53 pm

ABAish minds do ABAish things and the CBA is doing ABAish things
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

sj2u
Site Admin

Post by sj2u » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:14 am

[quote=""SUNKINGS""]Man the CBA has turned into BS shoveling machine. Who wants to set the odds on the chance a team is in Great Fall next year? Sounds like everything was awesome in GF except for that damn Four Seasons, its all there fault. Wanting to get paid for the use of their arena. Unbelievable[/quote]

Amazing isn't it... makes the entire CBA leadership suspect - too bad they're not bright enough to hire a PR person who could tell them to distance themselves as far from Tuckman as fast as possible!!! :mad:

OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:05 pm

SUNKINGS
Site Admin

Post by SUNKINGS » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:17 pm

Stiffed a pizza place, classic. Who in the world doesnt have credit cards?
I have high enough credit card limits in my wallet right now to run the CBA for a few weeks . And I am just a lowly Apple salesman.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:21 pm

He bounced a $300 check to the high school less than two weeks ago. That's on no one but Tuckman. What is wrong with this guy? His complaints about arena rent should fall on deaf ears when he can't even take care of a $300 bill to a school in the community he supposedly wants to be a part of. Also, he forgets to bring any form of payment when he takes his team out to eat and then conveniently forgets to immediately go back and pay the restaurant his $320 bill? Ugh, I hope the paper follows up on his promises.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:16 pm

I read that article. When I saw the headline I really hoped that he was seriously trying to make amends. But after reading it, I still have my doubts. I really feel sorry for the H.S. students who really could have used the money, though. I mean all of them could also, of course. But especially the students. It's not fair to them.

bomp
Site Admin

Post by bomp » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:22 pm

Oh what happened to Gym Coyne with all of this Tuckman garbage? Why would a league have anything to do with him?

Are these the last days of the CBA? I think so. The merger will happen shortly. The CBA owners are tired.
Unique ideas lead to prison. Don't name your son after a baseball glove. "Listen dude, do you really want the SEX??"

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:57 am

Just to you,the Standard, I want to know where you find this stuff at, cause the only site that I could find that talks only about the BSN was in spanish, and I want to see what this BSN league is all about.

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:28 am

This is why the league shouldn't of approved the sale...... nothing against Apex or Tuckman but they are two of the same, both looking out for themselves and to approve the sale to a shady businessman like Tuckman a week before is not smart..... The only time sales should be approved during the season (this includes the weeks leading up to the season) is to local businessmen.... Tuckman bought this team not knowing anything about the area and apparently about the team..... I'm not saying Tuckman isn't at fault because he should of knew what was going on but I think the average fan could of seen the trouble coming when it was announced that the team was sold right before the season to a franchise that was rumored to have problems before hand.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:50 pm

[quote=""jbirdmontana""]Just to you,the Standard, I want to know where you find this stuff at, cause the only site that I could find that talks only about the BSN was in spanish, and I want to see what this BSN league is all about.[/quote]

He is part of the BSN - has been for a while.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Return to “CBA”