GREAT FALLS EXPLORERS go under

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Aaronhere
Site Admin

GREAT FALLS EXPLORERS go under

Post by Aaronhere » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:25 am

ALBANY, NY (February 25, 200 8) The Continental Basketball Association today announced that the Great Falls Explorers will cease operations effective today, Monday, February 25. The member teams of the CBA will not make up the remaining home games in Great Falls.

"This is an unfortunate turn of events for the Great Falls Explorers and the CBA as a whole," said Explorers CEO Michael Tuckman. "Due to our ongoing arena issues, I just felt it was in the best interests for myself and the CBA to suspend operations for the remaining portion of the season. I knew when I took the helm in November it would be mission difficult but with the arena issues at Four Seasons, it has just turned into mission impossible. If the arena issues are dealt with in a manner that it makes fiscal sense to return to Great Falls, I would come back immediately."

"While it is regrettable that Michael and the Explorers have to suspend operations, it is understandable," said CBA Deputy Commissioner Dennis Truax. "The ongoing lease issues between Michael and the Four Seasons Arena have made it difficult to operate. We commend Michael on all of his hard work this season and we will work diligently to help him solve this arena issue so he can return to Great Falls. We feel the Great Falls market can and will sustain a CBA franchise."
Regrettable? Maybe
Understandable? Maybe he should have read the lease before buying
Return to Great Falls? Not with the bridges that have been burned
America's Real Team
http://www.packershistory.net

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:31 am

The Tuckman still own the franchise or with him seizing operations does he forfeit his ownership of the franchise?

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:01 am

Marlyn Bryant has been signed by the Caguas Criollos (Creoles) of the BSN in Puerto Rico. Marlyn will be earning 2000 per week plus per diem, home, auto and travel for immediate family for specific events.

Tuckman gets no money out of this as his team has folded, CBA to fill out transfer papers and then to USA Basketball then USA Basketball to FIBA Americas and FIBA Americas to the League, team and FIBA worldwide.
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:28 am

[quote=""Aaronhere""]Regrettable? Maybe
Understandable? Maybe he should have read the lease before buying
Return to Great Falls? Not with the bridges that have been burned[/quote]

Already being discussed in another thread? Yeah.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

panchess
Site Admin

Not with Tuckman..

Post by panchess » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:32 pm

..but could a new Great Falls team emerge with local ownership? Stranger things have happened.

Aaronhere
Site Admin

Post by Aaronhere » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:29 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Already being discussed in another thread? Yeah.[/quote]

Sorry you fell this is duplication. I just thought the other thread was getting long and fractured. My apologies.
America's Real Team
http://www.packershistory.net

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:50 pm

Of course Tuckman would get no money from Marlyn signing in Puerto Rico, because he never signed a contract with Tuckman in the first place. And how do you know how much he is making, I am a good friend of his and talk to him almost daily and as of yesterday he still didn't know how much he would be making, he just said it was a hell of alot more than Great Falls was paying, which was 0 dollars a week for the past 3 weeks.

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:51 pm

BSN league wire to all owners. Also we know by the tier he is in for foreign players.

Tier 1.

5000 to 10k per week avg

Tier 2

2001 to 5000 (main average here is 2500)

Tier 3
1000 to 2000

If hes tier 2 at 2k per week he would then have to get many more perks such as daily per diem vs only road game per diem, a better car(You would be amazed at what guys drive in this league as company cars or enterprise cars) (My team supplies Magnums, Chargers and Maximas)

He will either stay at a house with another player or have his own place either way FOOD is paid for by most teams.

Oh he will be fine. One of the owners is a legit millionaire through the music industry and the other two guys are big time architects also millionaires.

He surely will be listening to a lot of Daddy Yankee during warm ups lol

He was listed as tier 2. I will have more details once the contract is officially cleared by the league and FIBA
Last edited by TheStandard on Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

psbf
Site Admin

I just visited

Post by psbf » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:50 pm

the online GFT which held the article 'Explorers finally fold'. In it, Tuckman is quoted as saying 'Due to our ongoing arena issues, I just felt it was in the best interests for myself and the CBA to suspend operations'.
I have to disagree with that. If he did what was best for the team and the league, he would have paid is debt and the Explorers would still be playing. I feel bad for their fans(those still remaining).
http://www.greatfallstribune.com

SUNKINGS
Site Admin

Post by SUNKINGS » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:30 pm

Man the CBA has turned into BS shoveling machine. Who wants to set the odds on the chance a team is in Great Fall next year? Sounds like everything was awesome in GF except for that damn Four Seasons, its all there fault. Wanting to get paid for the use of their arena. Unbelievable

Return to “CBA”